Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need some help with Malwarebytes

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Skelator

Skelator

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:06 AM

Posted 09 January 2015 - 05:54 PM

I came home today from work and my laptop was running the screen saver. This morning around 3:00am I put the computer into sleep mode and that is what I also did. Got up went to work, worked all day, came home around 5:00pm and noticed my screen saver was running. Opened laptop logged in and check windows updater, Defender had updated earlier in the day. So I opened Malwarebytes to see if it had been ran. Sure enough it had, and multiple times from 9:00am until 5:00pm. The scans that ran, were ran MANUALLY it says. Several times throughout the day. Have I been breached Physically/Remotely or is this normal? Please help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 techquest

techquest

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:06 PM

Posted 09 January 2015 - 07:56 PM

Hi I might be  little late in the day offering help as you might already have resolved your issue. If not then:

1. Suggest you check malwarebytes settings and schedule to see if their are any extra scans set up instead of an update as it is possible, as far as i'm aware, unknowingly to set scans to run silently.
  2. They could well be non-scheduled scans -Flas scans - perhaps. I f so, then it's possible that you have MBAM's scheduler configured to run a flash scan after updating.
  3. Open the main MBAM program UI > click "settings" tab > "scheduler settings" and -- assuming you have updates scheduled -- open the the "updates" section (by highlighting it and clicking "edit") to see if that's the case.
  4. It could also be that you have multiple entries in the scheduler for SCANS.

If you have already resolved your issue, or If none of the above resolves it then please let me know.

#3 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,117 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:06 AM

Posted 09 January 2015 - 08:13 PM

I doubt there was a breach. It doesn't make any sense for an attacker to go in and run multiple scans with Malwarebytes.

Check you settings under Automated Scheduling.

Click on Threat Scan and then click Edit to open the Edit Schedule.

What does it say for Frequency and Recurrence?
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#4 Skelator

Skelator
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:06 AM

Posted 09 January 2015 - 08:21 PM

Fixed it Guys. Thank You so Much for the help.

#5 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,117 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:06 AM

Posted 09 January 2015 - 08:34 PM

You're welcome on behalf of the Bleeping Computer community.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users