Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Really really need help. Girl in need 😭😭😭

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Tee_vannn

Tee_vannn

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 09 January 2015 - 03:22 PM

Okay, so my mother has a windows vista business (that's what it stays when it starts up) and it has this really bad virus on it. And it goes beyond my knowledge of basic computer stuff (sad, I know) and it is now displaying a message that says "illegal operation attempted on a registry key that has been marked for deletion". It says that on the little status bar where it tells you if our internet is connected or not. And it is because our wifi is working and our modem says so. I can't click on anything. And it won't let me do anything. I've reatarted the computer like 6 times so far. I'm not sure what to do but I might have to take it to geek squad unless someone can help me. Geek squad is so expensive too . When I click on the Internet explorer button which is now a globe. It pops up the internet properties. It's crazy. And I know it all started because something called grillaprice was downloaded on to the computer some how.

Edited by Budapest, 09 January 2015 - 04:00 PM.
Moved from Vista ~Budapest

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• BC Advisor
  • 12,596 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:59 AM

Posted 09 January 2015 - 03:49 PM

Can you boot into Safe Mode with Networking....not just Safe Mode. If you can, whatever is causing the blocking may not

be active in Safe Mode and you will be able to download programs for finding and removing malware.

You can also try a system Restore to a date previous to being infected with the malware.

Scroll down in this link to Restoring When Windows Vista cannot start normally

Using Microsoft System Restore (Windows Vista) | HP® Support

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss

A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#3 Tee_vannn

Tee_vannn
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 09 January 2015 - 09:16 PM

Buddy215, I can boot into safe mode with networking. And im really desperate 😭 I'll give you number! I need step by step instructions. Literally only 19 in college and I don't know how to do any of this stuff. I found this website some how and made an account to ask to get people to help even though I'm not even sure if that's what I was suppose to do... Really confused here. Geek squad is asking me to pay $300. They're ridiculous. I'll use the link and see what I can do. Please respond 😢.

#4 Tee_vannn

Tee_vannn
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 09 January 2015 - 09:28 PM

Okay I'm doing the system restore now. Wish we could upload pictures 😞 but the last system restore is from today's date. It says there should a system restore from when the computer was first turned on and I'm suppose to have several of them but I literally only have one 😤.

#5 InadequateInfirmity

InadequateInfirmity

I Gots Me A Certified Edumication

• Banned
  • 5,180 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:59 AM

Posted 09 January 2015 - 09:53 PM

Since you have no earlier restore date then I suggest the following from safemode with networking. :)

Please download Junkware Removal Tool and save it on your desktop.

• Shut down your anti-virus, anti-spyware, and firewall software now to avoid potential conflicts.
  • Run the tool by double-clicking it. If you are using Windows Vista or Windows 7, right-click it and select Run as administrator.
  • The tool will open and start scanning your system.
  • Please be patient as this can take a while to complete depending on your system's specifications.
  • On completion, a log is saved to your desktop and will automatically open.
  • Please paste the JRT log.

Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode onto your desktop.

• Close all open programs and internet browsers.
  • Double click on adwcleaner.exe to run the tool.
  • Click on Scan button.
  • When the scan has finished click on Clean button.
  • Your computer will be rebooted automatically. A text file will open after the restart.
  • Please post the contents of that logfile with your next reply.
  • You can find the logfile at C:\AdwCleaner[S1].txt as well.

Download Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit to your desktop.

• Double-click the icon to start the tool.
  • It will ask you where to extract make sure it is on the desktop.
  • Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit needs to be run from an account with admin rights.
  • Click next to continue.
  • Then Click Update
  • Once the update is Finished select Next then Scan.
  • If no malware has been found, at the end of scan select Exit
  • If an infection was found, make sure to select all items and click Cleanup.
  • Reboot your machine.
  • Open the MBAR folder and paste the content of the following into your next reply:
    • mbar-log-{date} (xx-xx-xx).txt
    • system-log.txt

Download Panda Cloud Cleaner and save it to your desktop.

Alternate download sites are here and here.

• Double-click on PandaCloudCleaner.exe. When the Setup - Panda Cloud Cleaner window has loaded choose Next and then Next
  • Ensure Launch Panda Cloud Cleaner is selected. Click Finish Once the window appears. Click on Accept and Scan
  • Please be patient as the scan may take some time to complete depending on your system's specifications.
  • Once the scan has completed, if Scan finished with detections is denoted in the window do not take any action and or have Panda Cloud Cleaner clean anything!
  • Now within the window click on the (or any or them if multiple) tab then on View Report a notepad file should now open called PCloudCleaner.txt
  • Save this to your desktop and post the contents in your next reply.
  • Then click on Back then Exit

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users