Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

No boot device.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 rfischer1984

rfischer1984

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:26 AM

Posted 09 January 2015 - 07:22 AM

Ok There is this acer all in one computer that i was looking at and i replaced the fan in it because it was messed up. Everything was back to normal, I updated everything and left it on while i went to work. I came back and it was a black screen with a boot error on it. It said to fix the problem i needed to put the installation disk in and repair the operating system. Well i had a windows 7 home premium disk laying around and figure i would try. It hangs on the part where it is searching for an operating system. I tried using the restore partition on the computer and it takes a long time to even start up and it actually took all night to even get to the screen to ask to restore to defaults. only thing is, even that screen isnt working, it is grayed out and wont let me click anything. I am thinking the hard drive is messing up. I know the restore partition worked before cuz i used it once before. What could be the problem here? 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,230 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:26 PM

Posted 09 January 2015 - 08:05 AM

It's surely the hard drive. Sorry.

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,406 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:26 PM

Posted 09 January 2015 - 12:59 PM

Is the Windows 7 installation disc the same version that you have installed on this computer?

What exactly was the error message?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users