Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

configuring 2911 cisco router as a dhcp server

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ezeaobinna

ezeaobinna

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:00 PM

Posted 09 January 2015 - 07:20 AM

friends, i am new in this forum and i have seen the great resources in this forum. i have a network of one cisco 2911 router, three 48 ports unmanaged TP link switches and one 24 ports 2950 catalyst switch. one 48 ports tp link is connected to the 24 ports 2950 catalyst switch which is then linked to the gigabit ethernet port of the router. the other two 48 ports tp link are connected differently to the remaining two gigabitethernet ports of the router.

my tasks are;

1. to configure the gigabit interfaces of the router where the switches will  be connected

2. to configure the router to serve as a dhcp server for the three subnet

some questions i will need the answers to are;

1. do i need to configure the interfaces first?

2. in the dhcp command, do i need to create one network pool of IP or do i need to pool from each subnet? i am using 192.168.10.0/26 network which i have subetted to 192.168.10.0, 192.168.10.64, 192.168.10.128 and 192.168.10.192.

please your valuable contribution and help is appreciated and if possible, the command needed to accomplish this task is appreciated. thank you

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Wand3r3r

Wand3r3r

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:00 PM

Posted 13 January 2015 - 04:56 PM

Welcome to TSF!

Commands can be found over at Cisco's web site.  Just look up your model router and then find the command set list.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users