Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Fingers Crossed

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Guest_hollowface_*

Guest_hollowface_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 09 January 2015 - 02:49 AM

I normally create backup images of my OS installation at various stages, the final stage being with all my software installed. Every year or two I typically revert back to a previous image so I can install new versions of programs I use, maybe add different ones I've been using that aren't yet in an image, as well as change anything else that's been bothering me. Since it's been a while, I've been thinking I might re-setup my installation, but this time I'm thinking about re-installing completely (the idea being to switch from 8 to 8.1). I also plan to VHDX boot instead of native boot with difference disks. I've never done a VHDX boot before so I hope this works. I really hope it doesn't matter that I setup the VHDX as GPT instead of MBR. I think I've done it all correctly, but I haven't tried booting yet, because I'd rather go to bed thinking it's a victory. Fingers-crossed :P. I'm going to wait till tommorrow to try it. I figure if it works I'll proceed with re-setting up my OS, and if it doesn't then I'll just revert to my current OS image, and hold off on re-doing my OS for now. I was going to add multiple bootloader entries to make it easy to dump in additional VHDX installations, but man that turns into a lot of typing very quickly, so I've decided I'll just add as needed.

Anyways, I just thought I'd start a light-hearted thread for myself and everyone to talk about their installations. Like, what you did last time you re-setup your OS, or what you might do next time? I'm off to bed.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users