Today I purchased a Windows 8 tablet computer. I got the HP Stream 7, a sub $100 Tablet which has gotten mainly favorable reviews thus far. It sports a full version of Windows 32 bit. I am experiencing a problem with this tablet. First allow me to explain the entire situation.
I bought one of the Stream 7's from the Microsoft store earlier today and brought it home. Upon opening it and booting it up I began to notice the strange pixel issue you will see in the pictures. It was even more prominent when I used a highly colorful dark wall paper. I changed to a lighter color wallpaper and it helped with the issue, but the issue still persisted and I decided to get an exchange. The exact same thing happened again with that one and I returned it without even leaving my car. I got a 3rd one. This 3rd one was working perfectly for about 10 min out of the box, I brought it home and within 5 min of using it at my house the same issue emerged. I will say the following about this issue.
1. It is on the exact same side of the tablet (i.e., left edge) every single time.
2. It goes away and comes back depending on what is being displayed on the screen.
3. When the tablet is in wide screen mode with the left side facing down the issue is much more prominent than when it is in wide screen mode with the right side facing down. The issue does not occur at all when the tablet is held diagonally. (This happened with all 3 tablets).
4. 3/3 tablets have had the exact same issue.
5. when a video is playing and the affected side is facing up (i.e., right side down) the upper part of the screen (if you look extremely closely) looks like a show of dancing black pixels changing location at random going from black to the display color and back to black. They don't get stuck, but I don't believe this is normal. Again this same issue was experienced with all 3 tablets.
I was wondering, is this a defect? Is it because it is a budget tablet? Is this a known issue with Windows 8?
I find it hard to believe that 3/3 tablets that I received had the same issue, and that no reviewer ever mentioned anything of it on any website or videos.
I hope you all can help me figure out what this issue is, how to deal with it, and if I should just give up on the Stream 7 and get my $99 back. This is my first ever experience with a Tablet computer (usually use laptops) and I am not impressed at all.
Edited by alazar14, 09 January 2015 - 02:27 AM.