Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Improving my benchmark / computer

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Xylus

Xylus

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:56 AM

Posted 08 January 2015 - 05:56 PM

Hello,

Recently I upgraded my PC from a total wreck to something decent. I stumbled upon UseBenchmark and tested the system out after let's say 5~ months of using this system. The results look a little worrying though (or maybe I don't understand). It just seems "avarage" when I thought this system was pretty good actually.

Here are my results

UserBenchmark PC Test Results
Overall Health: 43% - Average. Overall Speed: 43% - Speed boat.
CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K - Health 28%, Speed 79.9%. (Not overclocked)
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 500GB - Health 37%, Speed 50.8%. // Will be replacing with a WD Black 1TB soon

SSD: N/A // Will be buying Samsung 840 EVO 250GB soon
GPU: Nvidia GTX 760 - Health 63%, Speed 46.5%. // It's actually a KFA2 GTX 760 2GB EX OC

Motherboard: Gigabyte H87-HD3

RAM: 8GB Kingston HyperX Genesis

Why is it only avarage? Can I improve it?

Edited by Xylus, 08 January 2015 - 05:59 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Citizen_WD

Citizen_WD

Authorized Western Digital Rep

• Members
  • 138 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:56 AM

Posted 09 January 2015 - 05:21 AM

Hello,
As far as I can tell the "health" in benchmark results is based on relative component performance. This doesn't mean that your hardware itself isn't performing well but rather that the software and drivers are not optimised. And also - such results cannot be fully trusted, since they are based on universal calculations. 

Does the PC suffer any real-life performance drop? Freezing, slow speeds in video playback, low FPS in games etc. ?  If not than you shouldn't worry. 

However, you mentioned that you are still running an old HDD, does that mean that your operating system is the same as before the upgrades? If this is true - you should try to backup all your important files and do a clean install on a new HDD/SSD. This will most likely improve performance and probably the test results as well. Also try running a HDD diagnostics tool from your manufacturer.

I hope this was helpful, best regards, Citizen_WD

Edited by Citizen_WD, 09 January 2015 - 05:24 AM.

#3 zingo156

zingo156

• BC Advisor
  • 3,333 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:56 PM

Posted 09 January 2015 - 09:59 AM

I generally use 3dmark http://www.3dmark.com/ for comparing hardware. Your hardware is good enough for most current games at 1080p resolution but there are far faster computers out there. Some people spend $10,000 or often much more on computers running 4 980gtx's in SLI with the intel Core i7-5960X. They will have better bench marks but if your rig works for the games you play, then there is no need to compare.

The thing about comparing is someone else will always have a better machine. Some people overclock as their job which means they might hit higher numbers with the same hardware you have. It is a never ending battle to be #1. I personally never try to keep up I just try to buy equipment that meets my needs only.

For improving your score, adding an ssd will help with overall speed/loading times etc. Overclocking is another option. The question is if this is necessary.

Edited by zingo156, 09 January 2015 - 10:43 AM.

If I am helping you with a problem and I have not responded within 48 hours please send me a PM.

#4 zingo156

zingo156

• BC Advisor
  • 3,333 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:56 PM

Posted 09 January 2015 - 10:03 AM

Here are the top scorers on 3dmark: http://www.3dmark.com/hall-of-fame-2/

If I am helping you with a problem and I have not responded within 48 hours please send me a PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users