Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Malware infection unknown high cpu usage system very slow need help!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 leftygeo

leftygeo

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:43 PM

Posted 08 January 2015 - 05:26 PM

I have been trying to fix this computer for a while now with no luck

sytem 

Windows Vista Home Premium

I've scanned with malwarebytes, finds nothing....ran ccleaner to get rid of thousands of temp files, 

kaspersky scan found trojan.multi.regrun.ba and bb  but could not clean them

100% cpu usage, 70-80% physical memory usage...system is soooooo slow

high cpu processes change constantly

I am trying to avoid formatting the drive if I can.  I would appreciate help if I could get it.  

Thanks,

George

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 ihavanswer

ihavanswer

• Members
  • 86 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:43 PM

Posted 08 January 2015 - 06:20 PM

Hello!

I am having the same problem.

NOTE: I NOT a trained malware removal technician, so i can not tell you to remove anything, however i can help you check what it is that you have.

I have the poweliks backdoor, with similar side effects to those that you have mentioned.

You can download a poweliks scanner/remover here http://download.eset.com/special/ESETPoweliksCleaner.exe

I would recommend that you ONLY SCAN with it, do not enter yes.

Once it says "poweliks detected" close the program and create a post here http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/22/virus-trojan-spyware-and-malware-removal-logs/ and wait for a trained technician to actually do the removal.

Edited by ihavanswer, 08 January 2015 - 06:25 PM.

#3 leftygeo

leftygeo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:43 PM

Posted 09 January 2015 - 07:15 AM

Thanks, I ran that scan, and actually chose yes to remove it, and the system seems fine.  I am going to monitor for a long time tonight to verify.  Thanks so much!

George

#4 ihavanswer

ihavanswer

• Members
  • 86 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:43 PM

Posted 10 January 2015 - 04:25 PM

Now that you are back at the desktop, you should scan your computer with an anti-virus program. ESET has a free online scanner that you can use once to detect and delete infections. I suggest you use this to make sure there is no other malware present. The online scanner can be found here:
http://www.eset.com/us/online-scanner/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users