Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Real-Time clock battery

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 pcpunk

pcpunk

• Members
  • 5,857 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:46 AM

Posted 08 January 2015 - 04:55 PM

Not a super technical question but, I would like to know which batteries you guys prefer for this application.

I went to Walmart for a CR2016 replacement.  I was happy to see that they had a two pack for 4.64 including tax, but when I was leaving I thought this appeared to be a cheap battery.  I then stopped at my local pharmacy and saw that they had this same thing in Duracell, which is a brand I like.  So I did a search but could not find a good review on these.  Energizer and Duracell seemed to be some of the best for other AA type batteries and such depending on which size you needed, they varied.  Most you guys probably value what you put in your pc's so what is the consensus for this application?

Thanks, pcpunk 

Love me some B.C.com

sBCcBvM.png

Created by Mike_Walsh

KDE, Ruler of all Distro's

eps2.4_m4ster-s1ave.aes_pcpunk_leavemehere

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,233 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:46 PM

Posted 08 January 2015 - 05:51 PM

Even cheap ones will last for years as the current draw is tiny. Not much difference, except the Duracell or Energizer will be maintaining the clock years after it goes on the scrap heap.

#3 pcpunk

pcpunk
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5,857 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:46 AM

Posted 08 January 2015 - 06:23 PM

LOL, Okay thanks!

sBCcBvM.png

Created by Mike_Walsh

KDE, Ruler of all Distro's