Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Device Driver Infinite Loop - BSOD

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 TechSeda

TechSeda

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:55 PM

Posted 08 January 2015 - 04:48 PM

Let me explain my problem.

I have built a custom PC. I followed all instructions for installing everything, motherboard chipset drivers, proper drivers for audio and video, ETC. This PC is designed to be a gaming PC, and thus is able to run most games at high settings. In some games however the audio becomes stuck and then blue screens. When the screen shows up, it says that my device driver got stuck in an infinite loop and suggested that I update my drivers. After a quick Google search, I was able to update my video card drivers. I believed the problem to be fixed and played some games again. The blue screens occurred yet again. World of Warcraft has constant blue screens, which makes it unplayable. I do not know what I am missing, or if there are OTHER drivers I need to update beside my video card.

There have been 6 cases of blue screens so far, but I am unable to find where the logs are kept to show what exactly went wrong.

I do have the MinitoolToolBox application downloaded, and I am waiting on what boxes to check. If you can also help me where I can find the logs from the blue screens so I can post them, that would be helpful too.

PS: I think it would also be helpful if you knew my computer specs too, any idea as to post them as well?

Thanks,

TechSeda

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Jared44

Jared44

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 205 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:55 PM

Posted 08 January 2015 - 04:52 PM

Upload the dump files for analysis.

Go to

C:\Windows\minidump

Upload all those files by copying (Make sure you copy the files otherwise you will get access denied, even if you're an administrator) them to the desktop and compressing them in a single .zip folder.

Or even better, upload a Kernel memory dump.

Go the Start
Right click My Computer
Select Properties
Click Advanced system settings
Click on the Advanced tab
Select Settings under Startup and Recovery
Then under Write debugging information select Kernel memory dump.

Once a dump is created go to:

C:\Windows\memory.dmp

Copy the file to the desktop, zip it up and upload it to a file sharing site like Onedrive. After the upload is done post the download link in your next reply.

#3 TechSeda

TechSeda
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:55 PM

Posted 08 January 2015 - 09:12 PM

I have done both. You will find both memory dump files and kernel memory dump at the bottom.

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=D2D3A13D363D654F!106&authkey=!AH52Eg4cdV60uzY&ithint=file%2czip

Thank you for your swift response. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users