Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Game keeps minimising

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 SlowAcer

SlowAcer

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:25 PM

Posted 08 January 2015 - 04:40 PM

Hi,

I have just recently changed my laptop to an Acer Aspire E5-771 Core i3 17 Inch 4GB 1TB. It arrived with windows 8 installed and then after a few days it automatically updated to windows 8.1.

The problem is that when I play the internet based game ' Managerzone'  the game keeps minimising to the taskbar. I just have to click on the icon on the taskbar and it brings it back again. The number of times it minimises varies. Sometimes it can be every 10 or 20 seconds, while other times I can go for a full game (about 20 minutes) without it minimising. This game worked perfectly well on my old computer and I think it was ok before the update to Windows 8.1.

I have tried it on a couple of other internet based games and it appears to work ok, but that may just have been a coincidence. I have run McAfee Anti-virus and Anti-spyware scan and it did not show any issues. And I have also run CCleaner, again no problems.

Does anyone have any ideas on how I can find out what is causing the problem.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 YeahBleeping

YeahBleeping

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:25 PM

Posted 08 January 2015 - 05:49 PM

After reading some posts around the web you may be able to use Sysinternals Process Monitor to find the exact culprit.

Other people stated that a program comcast fast connect was their problem.

Hope this drives you in the right direction.

#3 NotAnElf

NotAnElf

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:25 PM

Posted 12 January 2015 - 02:01 PM

Do you play this game in full-screen? I used to have this issue and it was a background application starting up and then dying in the few seconds it took for my computer to minimize my game and take me back to the desktop.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users