Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My hp wont start in safemode and cant save pics ?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Fredblogs55

Fredblogs55

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 08 January 2015 - 03:02 PM

HELP !! Please.my hp wont start in safemode(it normally does) i have tried to backup pictures before putting back to factory settings but it keeps telling me to insert usb,but i have tried it with a usb pen and a dvd-r and it wont pick up either.thank you reading

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mikey11

mikey11

• Members
  • 1,292 posts
  •  
  • Location:Psychiatric Ward @ Beelitz-Heilstatten Hospital, Beelitz, Germany
  • Local time:01:18 AM

Posted 08 January 2015 - 03:58 PM

what does it do when you try to start it up normally?

why are you starting in safe mode?

#3 Fredblogs55

Fredblogs55
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 09 January 2015 - 04:59 AM

Hi miley
Thank you for your reply.
When i start it up it gives me the option of launch windows repair or start windows normally,i have done both when i click do windows repair it says cannot repair this computer,so i then did it in safemode and clicked safemode with networkig and it just comes back to the page of start windows normally or launch windows repair 😔

#4 mikey11

mikey11

• Members
  • 1,292 posts
  •  
  • Location:Psychiatric Ward @ Beelitz-Heilstatten Hospital, Beelitz, Germany
  • Local time:01:18 AM

Posted 09 January 2015 - 08:47 AM

you need to insert your windows CD and boot the computer from that....

when the blue screen comes up select repair your installation

#5 Fredblogs55

Fredblogs55
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 09 January 2015 - 09:16 AM

Hello
Thank you again
I dont think i have my cd 😔

#6 Fredblogs55

Fredblogs55
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 15 January 2015 - 06:48 PM

Does anyone please have anymore suggestions ? I don't have a disc 😒

#7 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 22,957 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:18 PM

Posted 15 January 2015 - 08:57 PM

When you tap F8 at boot does it give the option to repair the computer? You can go through the steps and do a System Restore if you have any Restore Points. The thing to note is any files or folders placed on the desktop after the restore point will be lost.

Edit: Do you have another computer with Windows 7? We can make a bootable disk that can be used to recover your pictures and any other data. You can also recover your pictures with a Live Linux Disk like Puppy. It is not difficult.

advanced-recovery-options.jpg

Edited by JohnC_21, 15 January 2015 - 08:59 PM.

#8 Fredblogs55

Fredblogs55
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 16 January 2015 - 02:17 PM

Hello
Thank you for your reply.
I do have another laptop that i could hopefully make this disc ? I have tried the restore but it still wont do anything 😢

#9 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 22,957 posts
  •  

Posted 16 January 2015 - 02:39 PM

Does the laptop have Windows 7?

#10 Fredblogs55

Fredblogs55
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 16 January 2015 - 03:44 PM

erm :(

#11 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 22,957 posts
  •  

Posted 16 January 2015 - 04:00 PM

If you do not have Windows 7 you can create a bootable disk of Puppy linux 5.2.8. Download the iso file and burn is with isoburner or any burning program that can burn an image file. Boot the Puppy disk. When at the Puppy desktop you will see your hard drive in the lower left. It will be labeled sda1 or sda2 depending on the number of partitions on the drive. Edit: You may have to try each sda partition to find the Windows System Partition

Click once on the drive icon. A green dot will appear on the drive and a File Manager will open showing the contents. Attach a USB flash drive or external drive to the computer. A usb icon will appear next to your Optical drive icon. Click once on it and another File Manager window will open. You can left click + Ctrl to select files and folders of the hard drive. You can also left click and drag a window around the files/folders. After you have highlighted the files/folders left click and drag to the USB flash drive File Manager Window. A small dialog window will appear asking if you will want to copy or move the files. Select Copy not Move.and check the Quiet box. The files will be copied to the external or flash drive.

Here is a guide explaining the use of Puppy. You do not have to do the disk check.

Edit: You only need to click once on a folder to open it. Do not double click or you will open two windows.

Edited by JohnC_21, 16 January 2015 - 04:05 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users