Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cable Not Connected message when the display is turned off

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 NCJason

NCJason

• Members
  • 77 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:42 AM

Posted 08 January 2015 - 08:29 AM

When the computer is in use it works great. The power option is set to High Performance so the computer is never put to sleep but the monitors turn off after 15 minutes. When they get turned off they immediately show the Cable Not Connected message until the computer is used again.

The computer is running Windows 7 Professional with a Nvidia GeForce 8400GS video card. The card is using the factory adapter to connect two Acer V223w monitors via DVI cables. I have verified that the drivers are the current version. I think it is a monitor setting but I haven't found any way to adjust it.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Citizen_WD

Citizen_WD

Authorized Western Digital Rep

• Members
  • 138 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:42 PM

Posted 09 January 2015 - 05:51 AM

Hello,

May I first ask - do the monitors turn off after exactly 15 minutes? If it exact value than, most likely, it is a timer setting somewhere. But if not you can try going to Bios and reset everything to default by selecting the optimal setting in the bios.

If that doesn't work try to get a spare monitor and see if the same happens... If not than just search around the monitors settings. 

Feel free to ask any questions and I hope this was helpful, Citizen_WD 

#3 NCJason

NCJason
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 77 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:42 AM

Posted 09 January 2015 - 06:23 AM

The monitors stop displaying after 15 minutes but the cable not connected message never goes away. I have been in the handful of settings in the monitor but haven't seen anything useful. I think that when Windows stops sending the video signal the monitors don't know what to do.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users