Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How can I rectify "stop script problem" in Debian OS?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 sakshisinha

sakshisinha

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:26 PM

Posted 08 January 2015 - 06:43 AM

I don't know what happened to my computer(I recently switch over windows to debian OS), whenenever I working on 2 to browsers(sometime single browser) I get a popup like stop script and after this popup I can't able to do anything and I'm tends to move restarting computer. can anyone help me to fix the issue?

(note: Most of the time it is happened while using browsers. I'm using iceweasel and chrome browser)

Edited by sakshisinha, 08 January 2015 - 06:47 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 bmike1

bmike1

• Members
  • 596 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:56 AM

Posted 08 January 2015 - 07:54 AM

what does the pop-up say?

A/V Software? I don't need A/V software. I've run Linux since '98 w/o A/V software and have never had a virus. I never even had a firewall until '01 when I began to get routers with firewalls pre installed. With Linux if a vulnerability is detected a fix is quickly found and then upon your next update the vulnerability is patched.  If you must worry about viruses  on a Linux system only worry about them in the sense that you can infect a windows user. I recommend Linux Mint or, if you need a lighter weight operating system that fits on a cd, MX14 or AntiX.

#3 mremski

mremski

• Members
  • 493 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:56 AM

Posted 08 January 2015 - 07:56 AM

If you read the dialog closely, it should be saying something like "a script on this page is having problems" and give you option boxes to stop script, debug script.  You should be able to "stop script".  I get those on occasion;  it's most likely something on the web page running and it's not handling browser+Linux correctly.  You should be able to hold the ctrl key down and click on the X to close the browser.

debug script may give insight as to what it's trying to do.

FreeBSD since 3.3, only time I touch Windows is to fix my wife's computer

#4 wizardfromoz

wizardfromoz

• Banned
  • 2,799 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:56 AM

Posted 09 January 2015 - 03:26 AM

sakshisinha, hi and :welcome: to BC (Bleeping Computer) and to the Linux side of the equation!

Albeit, a rocky start by the looks of things.

Screenshots will help. You can read Moderator Stolen's post at this Topic, and/or read NickAu's pinned Topic on the front page of the Linux and Unix forum. You will need an image hosting site, as you will see on reading.

Be Verbose
When you ask for support you should also include as much information about the problem as possible. Including all of the important details in your first post will greatly speed up the entire support process and allow our volunteers to better assist you. While you may think a particular error message isn't very helpful, it may be the key to resolving your issue. Some details we are looking for would include, but not be limited to:

•     Your distribution's name (Mint, Ubuntu, Debian, etc), version (17, 14.04, 7, etc), and architecture (32-bit, 64-bit).
  •     Provide relevant information about your physical hardware or installed software.
  •     Share relevant log files, screenshots, detailed error messages, or anything else that could be used to troubleshoot your issue.

The above is from Kaosu's excellent article, also pinned near Nick's, about properly giving and receiving support, well worth the read, IMO (In My Opinion).

If you take a look at my Profile via my avatar (picture) and read my signature below, you will see some of the information we can use to better help you.

Good luck

:wizardball: Wizard

Edited - typographical errors

Edited by wizardfromoz, 09 January 2015 - 03:27 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users