Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help upgrading.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Razarus

Razarus

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:27 PM

Posted 08 January 2015 - 06:37 AM

Hi all.

I know very very little about the insides of a computer. 

My PC is - 

Motherboard : Gigabyte H81M-H
CPU : Intel I7 4790 4th Gen Quad Core 3.6Ghz (turbo 4.0Ghz) CPU
Hard Drive : 1tb Sata Hard Drive
Memory : 16gb DDR3 1600mhz Corsair Vengeance Memory
Graphics Card : Nvidia GTX 660 2gb
Software : Windows 7 Home 64 bit

I have been told that my Motherboard is cheap and nasty and most likely bottle-necking my performance abilities.

I predominantly play an online game called MirChronicles - Its a privately run server with little optimization.

I am having speed issues where other users are moving faster than me and "skipping" on my screen.

we have compared computers and more often than not mine seems "better" from a novices point of view.

The only advice I've had is to try updating my motherboard. I don't know what that entails, or how to make sure i get one that will be compatible with everything else i already have.

Id prefer not spend more than £120 as every other game i play runs perfectly well.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 zingo156

zingo156

• BC Advisor
  • 3,333 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:27 PM

Posted 08 January 2015 - 11:27 AM

I predominantly play an online game called MirChronicles - Its a privately run server with little optimization.

I am having speed issues where other users are moving faster than me and "skipping" on my screen.

This makes it sound like you are experiencing lag or "rubber banding effect" due to slow internet connection.

If you have multiple users on the same internet connection you may have intermittent lag based on what each user is doing at any give time. HD streaming video uses the most bandwidth and can easily max out most DSL connections.

What is the speed of your internet connection down/up?

A newer motherboard with the z97 chipset will help with over clocking but your rig should be more than enough to run the game. It might also be an issue with out of date drivers, update all drivers especially those related to your video card.

I do not know the game but is it possible that different characters move faster or have abilities?

If I am helping you with a problem and I have not responded within 48 hours please send me a PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users