Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

No Video Output. Everything Seems Running

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 MBozoti

MBozoti

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:53 AM

Posted 08 January 2015 - 05:12 AM

Sorry in advance for the large paragraph. It started last night when I ran Windows Update in Windows 7. I think there were errors and most or all updates didn't install, but I woke up the next day to find that my graphics card was not being detected and I had to use the graphics from the motherboard.
I messed around with it forever and did some research on how to fix it. I thought I was on to something, viewing hidden devices in the device manager. The card (or driver) showed up but still said it wasn't connected. I tried pointing it to a directory that I'd extracted the latest driver to and I think it installed it, but then my screen went black and no matter what I try I can't get video output on the screen.
It's black and my monitor just goes into power saving mode which happens when there's no signal. This is instant when I turn it on. Nothing on screen whatsoever. The lights and fans and everything seem to be running perfectly though. I am at a loss as to what to do.
I've tried clearing / resetting the CMOS. I've also tried removing the C drive. It is the same no matter what. HEEEEEELLLLLLPPPP!!!

Edited by hamluis, 08 January 2015 - 02:36 PM.
Moved from Win 7 to Internal Hardware - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,552 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:53 AM

Posted 08 January 2015 - 01:35 PM

First...try another monitor or screen...to determine if it's a problem with the monitor...or the signal which should go to the monitor.

Louis

#3 MBozoti

MBozoti
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 08 January 2015 - 02:28 PM

It does the same thing on a different monitor through the HDMI connection.

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,552 posts
  •  

Posted 08 January 2015 - 02:34 PM

Try the VGA connectors...on each monitor...with the VGA connectors on the system.

Louis

#5 MBozoti

MBozoti
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 08 January 2015 - 02:41 PM

I only have an HDMI monitor and a DVI monitor.

#6 MBozoti

MBozoti
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 08 January 2015 - 02:43 PM

I could buy a DVI to VGA adaptor but do you think that would make a difference?

#7 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,552 posts
  •  

Posted 10 January 2015 - 05:55 PM

Well...I find that switching components is my technique for pinning down possible hardware issues.  I have extra everything and multiple computers, so it's easy for me.  Without these extra systems and parts...hardware issues evolve into a guessing game that I don't like...too many variables (cables, components, Windows).

You can always test the monitors on another system belonging to a friend, associate, at the workplace, etc.  I don't think that I know anyone who doesn't own a computer, other than my aunt (90 years of age or so)...and her son has several computers.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users