Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Advises/Comments on Video Editing Computer Build

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Robdam

Robdam

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:28 PM

Posted 07 January 2015 - 08:07 PM

Hi folks,

I'm planning to build a computer which primary purpose will be video editing using this software:

http://www.macrosystem.us/Bogart_SE_6_for_Windows.php

Here's the list of parts I'm planning to use, all available here in the Philippines:

Intel Core I5-4690K (3.5GHZ) 6MB/4cores/8threads/4600HDGFX/22NM LGA1150 Processor

Asus H97M-E LGA1150/4DDR3/4XPCIE/VGA/HDMI/DVI/ISRT/ISCT/GLAN MTAX Motherboard

Two Kingston 8GB 1600MHZ Hyperx Fury Blue (KHX316C10F/8) memory

MSI N750TI TF 2GD5/OC DDR5 128Bit DVI-D/DVI-I/HDMI videocard

Seagate 500GB 7200RPM Sata

Samsung 120GB 840 Evo Solid State Drive Sata3

FSP Raider 650 Watts 8oPlus Silver Power Supply

Cougar MX300 Black Casing

Multiple External Drives for storage

Windows7 64-bit

Notes:

Most of my footage is in ACHD format.

I don't intend to do any gaming, the computer will be solely used for video editing and other standard functions (email, internet, etc...)

Any advises/comments welcomed.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Robdam, 07 January 2015 - 08:08 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 YeahBleeping

YeahBleeping

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:28 PM

Posted 07 January 2015 - 08:46 PM

Looks good to me.  One point you may consider is your video card to make sure its supported by the software you intend to use.  I  know over at the sony vegas forums even the newer video cards for whatever reason do not compete with some of the older cards as far as video rendering goes.

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,109 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:28 PM

Posted 07 January 2015 - 09:22 PM

I'm just curious as to how you picked the program to use.  I hardly see anything revealing about the program, advantages over other programs many of us use, and so on.

Louis

#4 Robdam

Robdam
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:28 PM

Posted 07 January 2015 - 10:00 PM

I'm just curious as to how you picked the program to use.  I hardly see anything revealing about the program, advantages over other programs many of us use, and so on.

Louis

I have used their stand alone editing computers for the last 15 years and am extremely familiar with the software. I'd rather carry on using it instead of "relearning" to use another program from scratch.

I have also always been very happy with the customer support.

Looks good to me.  One point you may consider is your video card to make sure its supported by the software you intend to use.  I  know over at the sony vegas forums even the newer video cards for whatever reason do not compete with some of the older cards as far as video rendering goes.

Thanks, I have sent the same specs to their dealer. Awaiting his answer.

Edited by Robdam, 07 January 2015 - 10:10 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users