Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

NVIDIA Display Driver Doesn't Work

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 mxwesty

mxwesty

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:19 PM

Posted 07 January 2015 - 05:40 PM

I bought my lenovo y410p last Christmas and I love it. I recently found out that the GPU that came with my computer (NVIDIA GeForce GT 755M) litterally hasn't been used once. My computer has been using its integrated GPU (Intel ® HD Graphics 4600) which has worked for games like counter strike and planetary annihilation. I'm trying to play assassins creed unity on my new pc so I would love if I could use the graphics card that came with my computer. The error that is making it not work is, "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems (Code 43)". It doesn't tell me what those problems are, just that there is a problem. I have updated and downgraded properly and nothing has worked. Forums are new to me so if u need any other info just ask.

Edited by hamluis, 07 January 2015 - 09:16 PM.
Moved from Win 8 to Internal Hardware - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 YeahBleeping

YeahBleeping

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:19 PM

Posted 07 January 2015 - 06:14 PM

Hi .. what do you mean you have updated and downgraded properly?

On the Lenovo y410p download page I see there is an update to the nvidia 755m Bios (if you scroll down for more)

After reviewing other people having this same issue on the web they have suggested uninstalling the device from device manager and scanning for new hardware to reinstall/upgrade the device.

I would first make sure you have the latest updates for your computer from the Lenovo site.

Let us know if this works for you.

#3 hedgey579

hedgey579

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:19 PM

Posted 15 January 2015 - 05:31 PM

By downgraded do you mean went back to windows 7? I own a Y410p on Windows 8.1 and have not had any problems with the GT 755m, however you have to be plugged into a wall socket using your charger to use the discrete graphics card.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users