Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

SChannel 36888 errors in Event Viewer

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 sportsfan1

sportsfan1

• Members
  • 94 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:27 AM

Posted 07 January 2015 - 03:15 PM

Hi all,
Over the last two weeks the event Viewer on my Windows 8.1 PC has started to get flooded with these SChannel 36888 errors. The details of it are as follows. A fatal alert was generated and sent to remote endpoint. This may result in termination of the connection. The TLS protocol defined fatal error code is 10. The Windows Schannel error state is 10.
Today I have 9 of these errors, previous days anything between 3 and 6.
It doesn't seem to be connected to any particular website..it seems to be random. Ive tried resetting IE 11..that hasn't sorted it out. Is anybody else having problems with these errors. Im wondering if it might be connected to a previous Windows Update.

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jamtomorrow

jamtomorrow

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 15 January 2015 - 07:20 AM

Hi sportsfan1
I came across your post while googling for information on the multiple Schannel 36888 errors which started appearing in my Event Viewer about 3 weeks ago.
My system though is Windows 7.
The details displayed are: The following fatal alert was generated: 10. The internal error state is 10.
Three, six or twelve errors are logged at the same time.
As no one has responded to your post, I guess there’s little point in my posting in the Windows 7 forum. I just thought you might like to know you’re not alone with what seems to be a similar occurrence.

Regards.

#3 sportsfan1

sportsfan1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 94 posts
  •  

Posted 15 January 2015 - 01:24 PM

Hi, Yeah..I still haven't solved the problem...if anything its got worse. Ive tried everything..resetting internet explorer, my router...system file checker showed no problems. In my case the problem reared its head on December 28th..I wondered if it had anything to do with a new windows updates but I couldn't find any link there as they'd been installed a week before

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users