Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Icon Disappears When Minimized To Notification Area

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 CorruptCoW

CorruptCoW

• Members
  • 47 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:00 PM

Posted 06 January 2015 - 08:54 PM

I use a Windows XP SP2 based laptop to exclusively stream multimedia content between my laptop and my HD TV using the IOGEAR GUWAVKIT4 1080p computer to HD display kit. Until recently, I have only been problem free and satisfied.

All the driver and application software (current) has been installed and the wireless connection is established. An application called SGFXConfig (Viewspan) is used to establish the parameters of the connection between the transmitter and receiver. It is critical for the operation of this hardware combination. When this application is started, whether automatically during Windows startup (default) or manually, it by default minimizes to the notification area of the taskbar where the user clicks it to access the application.

What has started happening lately, is as the application minimizes, it disappears. It is no where to be found in the notification area. I can see it swoosh down to the area, and a bubble shows up saying something to the extent of "Click here for settings." But there is no icon. Hide unused icons option is unchecked, so all icons should show. In task manager, the process shows as active.

So, how can I ensure the icon is kept accessible in the notification area, or what option might be available to prevent it from going to the taskbar all together. (Don't really understand why this application needs only be accessed by the notification area?)

Thank you in advance to all those that may have some direction for me. 

Edited by hamluis, 07 January 2015 - 08:26 AM.
Moved from XP to All Other Apps - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,895 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:00 PM

Posted 07 January 2015 - 08:25 AM

The icon is programmed to be invisible, if I read/comprehend correctly.

http://www.system-tray-cleaner.com/systray/programs.php?appid=D68C11C396BC1D6169E6A8847CC9191000220A68

Louis

#3 CorruptCoW

CorruptCoW
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 47 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:00 PM

Posted 07 January 2015 - 08:54 AM

Thanks Louis for your reply.

Very odd considering this is the interface needed to control the connection relationship between the computer-transmitter-receiver-TV (and the only way to access it), and it had worked previously ... I have had great success. Without it, I can't send the signal to the TV (ie extended, mimicked etc)

Guess I will have to try IOGEAR, but their CS is terrible. They're going to blame it on XP LOL.

2vchs1j.jpg

Edited by CorruptCoW, 07 January 2015 - 09:02 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users