Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Odd file that I cannot open

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 jack handy

jack handy

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:58 PM

Posted 06 January 2015 - 03:37 PM

I have a file that a friend gave to me to see if I could open up. I have scoured the internet and have not been able to find any kind of program that will open it up. If anyone could lend a hand I would greatly appreciate it. I will attempt to attached the file. Thank you in advance.

http://wikisend.com/download/655956/14482_00.GSF

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,291 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:58 PM

Posted 06 January 2015 - 05:15 PM

Here is a list of files that use the GSF extension. Can also be a Gameboy sound file.

Ghostscript font file

Winamp

Photomix

XS Designer

Edited by JohnC_21, 06 January 2015 - 05:15 PM.

#3 jack handy

jack handy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  

Posted 06 January 2015 - 05:52 PM

It is actually a proprietary file type. My friend used to have the program that would open it but has since lost it. The program that he used to have was made for Win 95 or 98. I think the file shows bolt patterns for aircraft or something similiar. He has around 10 cd's with around 5,000 of these files per cd. What he was wanting me to do was convert all of them into pdf format so he can label each file. I have yet to be successful in opening 1 of them.

#4 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,291 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:58 PM

Posted 06 January 2015 - 06:20 PM

How about this.

http://www.eljen.com/Pages/GSF/GSFcad.html

Edit: I take this back. I do not think GSF is a format from this company, sorry

Edit Edit: If you open the file with a hex editor, it may give you a clue on what opens it. I just opened it with a Hex Editor and it did not give me any clue on what opens it.

Edited by JohnC_21, 06 January 2015 - 09:17 PM.

#5 jack handy

jack handy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  

Posted 09 January 2015 - 12:42 PM

I am glad you mentioned looking at the file in a hex editor. The one I provided didn't lend any info but I have serveral others that did. At the end of most of the files it says the file type is a PIXTIFF. Upon further researching I think it is actually a scanned file format.

Another update: The person actually found the program that opens them up but the problem is that I can only view 1 file at a time. So if I were to convert every file to pdf (there are 5,000 of them) then you can see how long it would take. Is anyone familiar with the PIXTIFF format? If I could convert them all in a batch program then I could eventually get them to .pdf format. Thank you again for all responses.

#6 rhino1366

rhino1366

• Banned
  • 524 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:58 AM

Posted 09 January 2015 - 08:49 PM

It looks like an audio file for an installed game or something. It can also be a file for a console game/application, like mentioned.

...Google search that extention.

#7 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:58 AM

Posted 11 January 2015 - 09:10 PM

Try Zamzar http://www.zamzar.com/convert/tiff-to-pdf/

Tekken

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users