Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Processor Extensive Calculation...

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Klinkaroo

Klinkaroo

• Members
  • 1,139 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:08 AM

Posted 21 June 2006 - 04:25 PM

This can be used by anyone who wants to trouble shoot a cpu overheating problem...

If your computer is overheating try this out it will really work your processor and you can see if it is the processor that is overheating or the overall temperature of the case.

Go to the windows calculator and put in a big number.

The press the button in the red box in the scientific view...

It will warn you that this will take a long time because it's alot of mathematical calculations....

Posted Image

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 yano

yano

I can see what you post!

• Members
  • 6,469 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:08 AM

Posted 26 June 2006 - 11:05 AM

At first I got a prompt asking me if I wanted to stop it or continue cause it sayed it would take while. (Keep in mind I had Folding@Home running at the same time).

It asked me again when I tried it without F@H. Anyways, I'm not that patient. :thumbsup:

How does this relate to the temperature of my case/processor?

#3 Nick_R_23

Nick_R_23

• Members
  • 185 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:08 AM

Posted 26 June 2006 - 01:56 PM

Its supposed to work the cpu and make it hot, its kinda just like using the CPU Burn-In program, so you can see if your processor freezes or gets errors.

-Nick

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users