Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

PC using TCP IPv6 instead of IPv4

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Thor2911

Thor2911

• Members
  • 38 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:49 PM

Posted 06 January 2015 - 10:28 AM

Hello,

I had Avast! Secureline installed using the free version.  I did not want this installed and I have uninstalled it.  Now the PC is using Teredo to funnel all IPv4 through IPv6 which limits my access on websites.  I tried removing it several ways but have not had any luck.  I have uninstalled the device in the device manager and it keeps coming back. I have all the mini adapters disabled but can't uninstall them. The PC is a Win7 64bit with SP1.  I have several PC all thou a single router.  Each PC has a static IP and all the the same external IP which starts with 98. (right now) the PC with the problem has an IP that starts with 108.  I am pulling my hair out on this one! Please help. I've ran MiniToolBox and have the report for that. 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Thor2911

Thor2911
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 38 posts
  •  

Posted 06 January 2015 - 11:58 AM

I looked at my other PC that runs Win7 64 bit.  It is running the same adapters but has the correct external IP address.  I have the firewall off on both machines.  I have attached the MiniToolBox results from the second machine. Is this like a firewall redirect left over from Avast Secureline????

#3 CaveDweller2

CaveDweller2

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:49 PM

Posted 06 January 2015 - 03:28 PM

Try booting into Safe mode to remove it.

Hope this helps thumbup.gif

Associate in Applied Science - Network Systems Management - Trident Technical College

#4 Thor2911

Thor2911
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 38 posts
  •  

Posted 06 January 2015 - 07:42 PM

CaveDweller2 thanks for the reply.  I did go into safe mode and ran the Avastclean program that is suppost to remove the remenants of the program before I posted on here. I think its using a firewall  (not windows) to redirect the IP. I just can't find it. Anyone know if I remove the driver for the network card and reinstall it if that would work?

Thanks,

#5 CaveDweller2

CaveDweller2

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:49 PM

Posted 07 January 2015 - 01:37 AM

I doubt it. But no harm in trying. If it's a program that is doing the redirecting, that's what you need to fix.  http://practicalrambler.blogspot.com/2011/05/how-to-disable-ipv6-and-teredo-in.html might help

Hope this helps thumbup.gif

Associate in Applied Science - Network Systems Management - Trident Technical College

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users