Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Slow computer

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ShantiDevi

ShantiDevi

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:33 PM

Posted 06 January 2015 - 09:38 AM

Hello.

My computer is extremley slow.

I do not understand much about computers, so I can't really explain\pinpoint what could have caused this slowness. I have my laptop for 3 years now and I have never taken it to the store to get it checked up\fixed. I have downloaded antiviruses, but recently my free trial has expired.

My brother said that perhaps someone here could be of help, so I thought it was worth it to make a thread. Thank you!

ShantiDevi

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Volanz

Volanz

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:33 PM

Posted 06 January 2015 - 09:48 AM

Suggestion - Have a look at the Startups page. http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/startups/

Also, in the Download section there are free  Anti-malware, -spyware, -virusware... bunch of Good programs to find the solution.

-Volanz

#3 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Staff Emeritus
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:04:33 PM

Posted 06 January 2015 - 10:50 AM

Please provide more specific information on what you mean when you say the computer is slow.
Slow to boot up and get to your desktop? Slow to load the desktop? Slow browsing?
Anything else?

A good place to start trouble shooting is here http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/87058/slow-computerbrowser-check-here-first;-it-may-not-be-malware/

Try the suggestions then report back here and let us know if things get better.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users