Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Repair install of windows xp

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 RJNB

RJNB

• Members
  • 285 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:56 AM

Posted 06 January 2015 - 08:19 AM

Hello,

I am trying to repair install windows xp pro on my laptop...It says that the product key(which is on the COA) is invalid...

I am using an msde cd with windows xp sp2 and I am sure that the COA is genuine. I also have a feeling that the cd I am using is a retail one and I need an OEM one...If so, how do I get it. My laptop is a HP Compaq nx6110...

Any help is most gratefully appreciated.

Thanks

NOTE:I cannot install windows 7 or 8 or vista as it does not support these operating systems and I do not want to use them either...I prefer Windows xp...

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,870 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:26 PM

Posted 06 January 2015 - 12:23 PM

How to Perform a Windows XP Repair Install (Stevens) - http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/XPrepairinstall.htm

Louis

#3 RJNB

RJNB
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 285 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:56 AM

Posted 19 January 2015 - 09:06 AM

Hello,

The problem has been solved...I found a ghost image and recovered the laptop to the settings it used to have in 2008(when it was 2 years old)...It also recovered the windows files at that time....

However, I am facing some more issues which I will discuss in the other topic...

Thanks Louis for all the help and giving me your precious time... :)

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,870 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:26 PM

Posted 19 January 2015 - 10:24 AM

:thumbup2:

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users