Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Greetings /old user but New Member

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Volanz

Volanz

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:25 PM

Posted 06 January 2015 - 02:23 AM

Hello everyone.

I'm Volanz. I am a WOW 2.4.3 privet Server Administrator. I have been working/volunteering for WoC for about 7 years and have had enough PC problems to know how to fix them. I built my game rig from stuff i found in the trash........

" Trash you say?!?......wtf " Yes, trash. I know how that sounds but everyone must operate within their personal budgets.

Here is a Speccy screenshot (providing url images are allowed)

cfK4u.jpg

OK great... ^^ They work here.

It is an old HP i found and runs great. My temps are high but that is due to all the dust.

About a year ago I was involved in an auto accident where a local transit Trolley (Light Rail Passenger Vehicle) lost it's breaks and rammed the rear of my truck.  The following civil suit payed out a few grand but it still my back has yet to heal.

Anyway, I went out a picked up a New Laptop. It is running win 8 and I'm still trying to get acquainted with this "new to me" OS. <speccy below>

dvgMZ.jpg

So you can see I've jumped ahead about a lightyear in technology. I'm finding all this "idk /crap running and I'm unsure what is good and what is bad. Normally I would kill anything I did not install.

With my HP rig i have a HP-Win 7 install disk.

Giving me the ability to reformat at the drop of a hat. Also the HP has 3 Sata drives (+2 other 1T dives not shown) that I would store my data & stuff and pop out before I would do any drive/OS work. 

Simple right.....

So now I do not have that option as far as I know. Yes i can still utilize the external drives but it seems that "Dell" does not supply a Win* reinstall disk nowadays.

Not that a disk would help with this laptop......< no optical drive >  ( what was I thinking!! /cry)

So now that my known paths for recovery are now unknown. I am starting to investigate these running processes that I'm unfamiliar with.

So here I am, returning to my quick source of good information. The only difference is that this time round I figured I may as well sign up and see if I might be of some help to your community.

In a sort of Thank You for the years of "nonmember" consumption of your Communities Public Information.

Again, Thank You.

-Volanz

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users