Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 8 OS unlocking Windows XP External HD

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Maddmedic

Maddmedic

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:21 PM

Posted 05 January 2015 - 09:35 AM

Anyone know how to "unlock" or "Take Ownership" of a External HD, that once was an XP HD.

I am using a Win 8.

I have done this before, with other HD, that I converted to Ext HD without any problems.

( I have asked this question on another forum, under a different topic)

I am not sure what the problem is?

Thank you.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,584 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:21 PM

Posted 05 January 2015 - 11:46 AM

You should be able to access the hd regardless of OS. As for taking ownership of specific XP files or folders so you can access them, the easiest way is to add "take ownership" to your context menu (see here: http://www.askvg.com/add-take-ownership-option-in-file-folder-context-menu-in-windows-vista/). If this isn't the problem you are having, please be more specific.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users