Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Lag spikes in all games, CPU not supported by Mobo?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 salamandraiss

salamandraiss

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:05 PM

Posted 04 January 2015 - 11:09 PM

CPU: AMD FX-9590 Eight-Core Processor 4.72GHz 
RAM: 12GB 
GPU: AMD Radeon R9 200 Series 
Motherboard: Gigabyte 970A-D3P 
HDD:WDC WD1003FZEX-00MK2A0 ATA Device 

Hello. 
I picked out the parts for this computer and let a technician build it for me about 3 months ago and i've been having these momentary (2-3 second) lag spikes/FPS drops while gaming that are gradually getting more frequent, almost like the CPU is throttling but the temperatures are steady at 50C-55C and maximum frequency in Resource Manager is always a 100% 
I've noticed that cpu usage never gets above 20%, and usually sits at 15% while playing, but when these lag spikes happen, it goes down to 6%-7%. 

I've recently been notified that my CPU is not among the supported CPUs for my motherboard, the computer works fine except for the CPU underperforming, so I don't know if that has something to do with it. 

This computer should be strong enough to play pretty much anything, so any ideas about these lag spikes and whether they're related to my mobo not supporting my CPU?

Edited by salamandraiss, 04 January 2015 - 11:10 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users