Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Error message...how can I get rid of it?

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 SearcySharon

SearcySharon

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:06 PM

Posted 04 January 2015 - 10:02 PM

On startup I am getting the error message "Could not reconnect all network drives".   Malware Response Team on another forum has helped me with other problems and said I should post here about the error message and thinks this is just an annoying message.  Can someone here help me?

Thank you!

Sharon

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 CaveDweller2

CaveDweller2

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:06 PM

Posted 05 January 2015 - 11:18 AM

what version of windows? and is this a domain? how are they connected? name or IP?

Hope this helps thumbup.gif

Associate in Applied Science - Network Systems Management - Trident Technical College

#3 smax013

smax013

• BC Advisor
  • 2,329 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:06 PM

Posted 05 January 2015 - 11:30 AM

Here is the link to the user's original post for the malware related stuff:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/561098/i-was-scammed-online-and-now-i-think-i-am-infected/#entry3579053

It appears the computer is running Windows 7 Home Premium, but may have had Windows 8 on it at one point per this post:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/561098/i-was-scammed-online-and-now-i-think-i-am-infected/?p=3585587

#4 CaveDweller2

CaveDweller2

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  

Posted 05 January 2015 - 03:10 PM

Thanks smax =) 

The other question is: have you deleted them and remade them?

Associate in Applied Science - Network Systems Management - Trident Technical College

#5 SearcySharon

SearcySharon
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  

Posted 05 January 2015 - 07:13 PM

I'm so sorry I didn't put the info you needed in my post!  I am running WIndows 7 Home Premium and my computer DID have Windows 8 on it when I bought it but I hated it and had my son-in-law remove it and install Windows 7 Home Premium.  When I booted up just a few minutes ago the error message came up in the bottom tray on far right...Unable to reconnect all network drives.  I havent deleted anything and remade it!

Thanks for your help and suggestions!

Sharon

#6 CaveDweller2

CaveDweller2

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  

Posted 05 January 2015 - 10:13 PM

II would delete them and re-map them. Lets hope that takes care of it. Oh and Windows 8, there is a setting that allows you to boot it right to the desktop rather than those crazy boxes. Windows 8.1 is like that from the start. I have been messing with Windows 10, that is a combo of both...which is gonna be SWEET. Anyway, try re-mapping. **crossing stuff for luck**

#7 SearcySharon

SearcySharon
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  

Posted 06 January 2015 - 07:23 AM

OK, on "Computer" it is Drive E  (Memory Card).  Its looking for a memory card but I've never had one.  I don't see an option to delete and remap.????  And, thank you for your help!

#8 SearcySharon

SearcySharon
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  

Posted 06 January 2015 - 07:25 AM

To explain better..when the error message pops up it says "Can not reconnect all network drives" click this space to troubleshoot..or something like that...I clicked and it took me to "Computer" area that shows all the drives and all were ok except Drive E which had a red x thru it.

#9 CaveDweller2

CaveDweller2

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  

Posted 06 January 2015 - 03:34 PM

There is a program on Win 7 called Snipping Tool. If you open the screen showing the red X and start Snipping it will grey out your screen and then you just click and drag to highlight the area you want, it instantly becomes a screen grab. Save is as a jpeg and post it please. I is confused =)

#10 smax013

smax013

• BC Advisor
  • 2,329 posts
  •  

Posted 06 January 2015 - 05:45 PM

What kind of printer do you have? Is it a network/WiFi printer? If so, does it have memory card slots on it? If so, it will likely be considered a network drive and it might not be properly reconnecting. The screen grab that CaveDweller2 asked you to make might clear this up.

#11 SearcySharon

SearcySharon
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  

Posted 06 January 2015 - 06:52 PM

I am trying to figure out how to do what CaveDweller told me to do.  When I click on the red x beside "memory card drive E:"  it brings up another error message that is too long to remember so I screen captured it but don't know how to get it from there to here.  I'm so sorry I'm so computer illiterate!

I have a Epson 645 Workforce (network) printer and it is working fine.  There are places for memory cards on it but I've never used them.

Sharon

#12 CaveDweller2

CaveDweller2

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  

Posted 07 January 2015 - 01:34 AM

If you click on More Reply Options you'll see you can attach it. After you do the snipping, if you click the floppy drive it will allow you to save it to the desktop.

#13 SearcySharon

SearcySharon
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  

Posted 07 January 2015 - 06:08 PM

I'm going to try to attach two skippy things I captured. One is the error message and the other is a picture of my "Computer" window that shows the red x.Attached File  Skippy Tool Capture.GIF   21.67KB   0 downloads

Attached File  Capture.GIF   94.84KB   0 downloads

#14 SearcySharon

SearcySharon
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  

Posted 07 January 2015 - 06:21 PM

Here is one that shows the same driver in the Network folder:

Attached Files

#15 smax013

smax013

• BC Advisor
  • 2,329 posts
  •  

Posted 07 January 2015 - 06:59 PM

These strong suggest that it is the memory card slot that is located on your printer.  Memory cards slots on many network printers can actually be access as a network drive on your computer.  It seems like the computer is somehow losing the connection with that memory card slot.  It might be a problem with the printer driver(s).  This might be the first thing to try is uninstall your printer drivers and then re-install them.  This looks like the driver that you would need:

http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/support/supDetail.jsp?oid=183884&BV_UseBVCookie=yes&infoType=Downloads&platform=OSF_W_7-64

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users