Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Crashing while gaming online.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Candyflipper

Candyflipper

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:47 PM

Posted 04 January 2015 - 07:59 PM

Hi guys, I'm hoping to get some help for a problem Ive been encountering for the fast couple of days. I hope this is the right page to post this problem in. Let me explain why i think this is a networking issue...

Ive been crashing while playing Team Fortress 2, it doesn't go to blue screen, even though the recovery message is telling me that's what happened.

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: d1
BCP1: FFFFF8803A186FF8
BCP2: 0000000000000002
BCP3: 0000000000000000
BCP4: FFFFF880078BA3F4
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 768_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\010415-23930-01.dmp
E:\TEMP\WER-25022-0.sysdata.xml

The screen goes black or just freezes on whatever im looking at and i have to reboot. This only happens while online gaming. My other games that do not require an internet connection work fine. Also, surfing the net is easy enough, but ive had instances while watching videos of sound stuttering and sometimes videos not working all together.

Is there anything i can do to narrow this down? Thanks in advance!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 YeahBleeping

YeahBleeping

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:47 PM

Posted 09 January 2015 - 10:04 PM

I once moved into an apartment where the people who painted the walls nocked off the wall mount cable connection and simply pushed it back on and put it up against the wall.

I never had any problems as far as I could tell except for this one online game I wanted to play kept dropping me.  It wasnt every online game but I would frequently get wierd issues when I watched tv on my ps3 with Netflix too.

Eventually i asked my cable provider to send a tech out to check my line.  That is how I discovered that my internet was basically hanging on by a thread and getting so much line noise the tech said there was definatly something wrong.  Since there wasnt enough wire behind the wall to put on a new connection they ended up having to string a new line (what a mess) but.  Problem solved.

No cost to me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users