Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Greetings and Salutations for the New Year.

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 ronlyons1

ronlyons1

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:31 AM

Posted 04 January 2015 - 07:50 PM

I hope everyone is starting off the new year with a clean computer.  I know the fight is a long and hard slugfest with all the powers that try to destroy our computing experience, but with all the knowledge and experience here at Bleeping Computers we will emerge victorious.  \

I'm laughing as I brush ants of my arms, which are a different kind of invader that  would not normally be a subject for a computer  support forum.    But I just came back in from cleaning the little invaders off my cat's bowl.   I left it outside just an hour ago on the patio without any water in the saucer, and it was  almost as bad as a computer-virus invasion.  Those little critters were relentless, and they came out of nowhere; kinda like opening a Christmas software package on Boxing Day ( December 26)   to discover a Trojan sneaking around inside  my brand-new program.

This website and all the available training  to keep your computer system on an even keel is outstanding.  My position at the moment is supporting an embroidery and quilting website  and all the vagaries that entails.  It's a delicate balance of trying to be user-friendly, yet still keep people aware of the dangers  of a virus-infected computer world.  My worst fear is to have their beautiful designs and  sewing efforts destroyed or contaminated by  viruses or Trojans.  We had an unmonitored guestbook page available while ago, which after a week of  mean-spirited comments and some pretty nasty language was quickly taken down.  So now we filter all comments through our e-mail system; that works fine.

So keep up the good fight folks; I know it sounds daunting but we can win this battle of bits and bytes. :smash:

All the best in 2014,

Ron

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users