Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Unable to boot(auto reboot)except in safe mode

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Hardcoretexan

Hardcoretexan

• Members
  • 99 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:30 AM

Posted 04 January 2015 - 07:48 PM

Hi all, my name is Greg, several years back I had a problem and it was cleared up here(thanks again) and now I am having problems again.

I have a Dell Inspiron 1525 laptop with XP home sp3. I started having problems when it started rebooting continuosly even prior to logging in. I was able to boot into safe mode but w/o networking (all my devices in the device manager are gone(as in there is nothing there) so also all my networking connections are missing as well)).

I ran the latest Dr. webb with no results and also ran malware bytes numerous times and it keeps finding problems so I fix them, reboot and run again.

I have tried starting windows to last known good startup and that does nothing but reboot and while in safe mode I am unable to revert to an earlier time as it says unavailable.

I tried running windows recovery console but it failed and is no longer an option as it is missing now.

I am running chkdsk now

Edited by Hardcoretexan, 05 January 2015 - 03:41 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Hardcoretexan

Hardcoretexan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 99 posts
  •  

Posted 04 January 2015 - 11:17 PM

Ok chkdsk came back clear rebooted automatically the rebooted into blue screen saying unmountable_boot_volume followed by a string of nubers OXOOOOOOED(OX8B953108, OXCOOOOOO6, OXOOOOOOOO, OXOOOOOOOO

Also each attempt to reboot in safe mode results in a blue screen saying the same thing with a diffferent string of numbers and letters.

I did get into the bios and run the scans there and they all came back clean.

GC

Edited by Hardcoretexan, 04 January 2015 - 11:18 PM.

#3 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,490 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:30 AM

Posted 13 January 2015 - 09:39 PM

Hello Greg

Please download the Avira AntiVir Rescue System .

Place a blank CD in your burner and double-click on the rescue system package (rescuecd.exe) to burn it to a CD/DVD which you can then use to boot your computer and run a scan. For detailed instructions, refer to the Tutorial for Avira Rescue CD. If you encounter problems running Avira AntiVir Rescue System, you can get further assistance at the Avira Tools Support Forum.

What is your Operating system?

Edited by boopme, 13 January 2015 - 09:40 PM.

How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#4 Hardcoretexan

Hardcoretexan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 99 posts
  •  

Posted 15 January 2015 - 06:42 PM

XP PRO

I made the boot disk and it did not boot up.

I tried to read the disk but did not read it so it bypassed it and went to the hard drive where I got the unmountable_boot_volume blue screen again.

I did try the boot disk on another machine and it did read it.

I also have my first boot as the cd/dvd drive.

#5 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,490 posts
  •  

Posted 15 January 2015 - 09:31 PM

See if you can do this L@@K
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#6 Hardcoretexan

Hardcoretexan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 99 posts
  •  

Posted 16 January 2015 - 10:39 PM

Ok here is the problem, I have the original disk but they are in a 17'x40' storage along with almost everything else I own as we are selling our house and moving into a new one hopefullly in the near future. I have already looked for the disk but I will continue to look some more.

But as it is right now w/o a disk I never get to  a welcome screen, just the windows logo screen and then the blue unmountable_boot_volume screen.

#7 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,490 posts
  •  

Posted 16 January 2015 - 10:44 PM

Ok,, do this... Maybe we can get around the disk.. Repost your first post in a new topic. I want to get a tech to help you. If you cannot do the steps then just make the topic ad say you cannot run the tools.

Please follow this Preparation Guide, do steps 6,7 and 8 and post in a new topic.
Let me know if all went well.

#8 Hardcoretexan

Hardcoretexan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 99 posts
  •  

Posted 16 January 2015 - 10:50 PM

Ok but I cannot run anything, my laptop will not boot into safe mode or anything else so that I can run any programs.

Reposted in am I infected as requested.

Ty

Edited by Hardcoretexan, 16 January 2015 - 11:01 PM.

#9 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,490 posts
  •  

Posted 17 January 2015 - 07:37 PM

OK , open the guide and do step 7. Tell them your operating system and you cannot run anything as you posted above.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users