Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

So Tq Hits Stores Next Week...

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Modulus

Modulus

• Members
  • 109 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:46 AM

Posted 21 June 2006 - 12:07 PM

Yeah, Titan Quest... Thought I saw a thread here about it a few days ago but I can't find it so I'm starting a new one... Aplogies to anyone who thinks that two threads on the same topic is come kind of sin :thumbsup: . Who here is planning on getting it on the 26th?

I've been trying to find reviews of the game online, but beyond the 4 or 5 at well known sites like IGN and gamespot there's nothing new or really in depth about the game. So, I thought I'd start a thread here about Titan Quest an see what everyone thought of the demo. So... Did you guys like it? Why or why not?

It's so much like Diablo it makes me wonder how well it's going to be welcomed by afficionados of the genre... I mean, if you're going to make a game that's so similar to one of the greatest RPG's of all time, you'd better pull out all the stops and make sure that you've got a quality product before it hits the store shelves... I played D2 every day for about 3 or 4 hours a day for at least a year... Which is a lot for me... I loved that game with all of my heart. Now here comes Titan Quest... To say that I'll be looking at it with a high amount of scrutiny is an understatement. I'm sure it will be fun, but after being spoiled by Blizzards famous RPG Diablo, Diablo2 and the Lord of Destruction expansion I'm pretty sure I'm going to be hard on TQ. What do you guys think about TQ living up to the heavy hitters in the genre from yesteryear? Is it going to be a problem for any of you?

Lastly, there's no Bnet... Good and bad I guess... Anyone here have a sick feeling like I do about hacking and duping? I'm assuming that servers will be hosted by just anyone who feels like it... And I've read that you can play your single player character in mulitplayer games... Is cheating going to be rampant?

Thanks to anyone who replies to this thread... I'm so geeked about this game so any discussion about it is welcomed.

Modulus

EDIT: If anyone wants to download the demo try Here.... No registering neccessary. :flowers:

Edited by Modulus, 22 June 2006 - 08:40 AM.

I'm not a vegetarian because I dislike meat, I'm a vegetarian because I hate plants!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Wizdabest

Wizdabest

• Members
  • 684 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:46 AM

Posted 21 June 2006 - 05:17 PM

Interesting.

I'll give the demo a shot.

#3 Osiris

Osiris

• Members
  • 140 posts
  •  

Posted 21 June 2006 - 06:43 PM

Think you could put up a link to the demo or is there one online ?
I can only learn what i want to learn.

#4 Wizdabest

Wizdabest

• Members
  • 684 posts
  •  

Posted 22 June 2006 - 07:20 AM

I went to the official website and the only link was to fileplanet. I couldn't finish it though from a huge thunder strom we had last night. . . :thumbsup:

#5 Modulus

Modulus
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 109 posts
  •  

Posted 22 June 2006 - 09:03 AM

updated my first post with demo download information.
I'm not a vegetarian because I dislike meat, I'm a vegetarian because I hate plants!

#6 LaChica

LaChica

• Members
  • 47 posts
  •  

Posted 22 June 2006 - 09:31 AM

the demo was okay, the fighting get repetitive and the quests seem all the same
if i gave this a score it would be 5 out of 10.
Posted Image

#7 Modulus

Modulus
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 109 posts
  •  

Posted 22 June 2006 - 09:42 AM

updated my first post with demo download information.

Did you play D2? Did you like it? It's so similar that I can't imagine someone liking one but not the other... Also, don't forget that during the lower character levels you've got only a very limited number of skills to use... So yeah, I can see why the combat might feel a little mundane.

#8 Wizdabest

Wizdabest

• Members
  • 684 posts
  •  

Posted 22 June 2006 - 10:22 AM

the demo was okay, the fighting get repetitive and the quests seem all the same
if i gave this a score it would be 5 out of 10.

Yea, have you ever played Diablo 2? Titan Quest feels almost exactly like it at times. Don't worry, though it is a bit repetitive at lower levels, if the combat skills and such are like Diablo 2 as well, things should get interesting when you get to higher levels. Especially since I see that the warrior skills can let you attack more than one enemy, so if its like Diablo's Zeal attack for Paladins, I'd love to be able to attack like five enemies at once.

*edit* still, it is going to get repetitive though, its an RPG so I doubt there isn't going to be too much that can be done about the grinding and the repetitive fighting.

Edited by Wizdabest, 22 June 2006 - 10:23 AM.

#9 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,640 posts
  •  

Posted 22 June 2006 - 11:36 AM

Hmm...i find the D2 type games to be quite boring/repetitive at times. May stay away from this one. I am going to try and download the prey demo today though.

#10 Wizdabest

Wizdabest

• Members
  • 684 posts
  •  

Posted 22 June 2006 - 01:33 PM

I did that today, its interesting with all the alien weapons to say the least. Very profaine though so be careful (though there is an toggle to turn it off), many instances of the f-bomb.

#11 Modulus

Modulus
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 109 posts
  •  

Posted 23 June 2006 - 08:26 AM

4 more days!! (counting today)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users