Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

comp won't restart

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 chevalesque

chevalesque

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:07 PM

Posted 04 January 2015 - 10:27 AM

My laptop wont restart, the logging off screen remains on indefinitely. How to fix?

Edited by hamluis, 05 January 2015 - 07:32 AM.
Moved from Win 7 to Am I Infected - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Nikhil_CV

Nikhil_CV

Vestibulum Bleep

• Members
  • 1,145 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:37 PM

Posted 04 January 2015 - 11:04 AM

Hi,
Please check if you have any active tasks running and unplug all external devices while you attempt restart.
Also run the command 'powercfg -requests' ( '-' may be replaced by '/' )after closing down all tasks. What does the report show?
When did the issue start to occur and what modifications have you done before it that may have caused this?
What security software do you use?
Is there any windows 'event viewer' entries related to this?
Regards : CV                                                                                                    There is no ONE TOUCH key to security!
                                                                                                                                       Be alert and vigilant....!
                                                                                                                                  Always have a Backup Plan!!! Because human idiotism doesn't have a cure! Stop highlighting!
                                                     Questions are to be asked, it helps you, me and others.  Knowledge is power, only when its shared to others.            :radioactive: signature contents © cv and Someone....... :wink:

#3 chevalesque

chevalesque
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 04 January 2015 - 02:35 PM

No modifications to speak of besides downloading sofware for android phone recup. Malware and spyhunter used.  run 'powercfg -requests' where? 

#4 Nikhil_CV

Nikhil_CV

Vestibulum Bleep

• Members
  • 1,145 posts
  •  

Posted 04 January 2015 - 08:25 PM

Hi,
Use the command line in elevated mode as described follows:
Click 'start' > type 'cmd' > rightclick on 'cmd' listed in the search result > choose 'run as administrator' > enter the command > hit 'enter/return' key.
If you get UAC prompt, click yes.
Please check your windows event viewer with the time when you last encountered this error. There may be entries (eg. A program is preventing windows from.......... )
Which security software is in realtime mode? Malwarebytes (Antimalware ?) or SuperAnti Spyware or both?
Regards : CV                                                                                                    There is no ONE TOUCH key to security!
                                                                                                                                  Always have a Backup Plan!!! Because human idiotism doesn't have a cure! Stop highlighting!
                                                     Questions are to be asked, it helps you, me and others.  Knowledge is power, only when its shared to others.            :radioactive: signature contents © cv and Someone....... :wink:

#5 chevalesque

chevalesque
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 04 January 2015 - 10:35 PM

Wouldnt accept command, 'powercfg -requests'  tried '/'  no dice  if i remember correctly the problems started when i went through 2 days trying to get rid of **my start search**. If it could keep me from restarting it could survive the spyware removal????!!!!  Malwarebytes anti ware and spy hunter both were used

#6 chevalesque

chevalesque
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 04 January 2015 - 10:41 PM

Many critical warnings and errors  the day before Christmas when <i wrestled with this thing!! Event viewer mentioned volume shadow copy service! Got rid of it on moxilla by un and reinstalling firefox   but ut still remains as search engine page for i explorer-

#7 Nikhil_CV

Nikhil_CV

Vestibulum Bleep

• Members
  • 1,145 posts
  •  

Posted 05 January 2015 - 03:38 AM

Hi,
Thanks for the reply. May be the removal corrupted some windows / legitimate files. I will request for malware removalist help as there could be some infection leftover in your machine. Thats the best way to deal with this now. Is it okay?

#8 chevalesque

chevalesque
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 05 January 2015 - 04:25 AM

ok keep me posted

Mod Edit:  Moved topic to Am I Infected - Hamluis.

Edited by hamluis, 05 January 2015 - 07:33 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users