Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Low cost windows 8?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Tomterific

Tomterific

• Members
  • 73 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:09 PM

Posted 03 January 2015 - 02:18 PM

I made the mistake of buying a Dell desktop for cheap. Then I found out the OS was not activated legally. So I'm shopping for a cheap solution (money very tight in my business now). I found this "Dell Windows 8 Reinstallation Disk and COA Product Key" on EBay and so am asking advice. Can this be a good buy at $49. What's your impression?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 dicke

dicke

Paraclete

• Members
  • 2,176 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:09 PM

Posted 03 January 2015 - 06:08 PM

If it sounds too good to be true, it usually is. Who is selling the key? A user or a business? I wouldn't buy from a user and I'd be very careful of a business.

Tight money should e held tightly in hand.

Dick

Stay well and surf safe [stay protected]

Dick E

#3 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:09 AM

Posted 04 January 2015 - 09:48 PM

Agree with Dick mostly here ........

Can you post a link to the seller / product that is being offered ??

Thank You -

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users