Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

can i recover specific files after format ?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_nickko_*

Guest_nickko_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 03 January 2015 - 02:09 PM

good evenin to all,

i was using for some time now the free efficient man's organizer to keep all my important infos but since i had some problems with my pc i have reinstalled windows xp pro  just few hours ago

i forgot to backup those important infos i had and i ask please to know if there is a way to recover my efficient man's organizer data

fortunately i haven't formmated my hard disk but i kept the option install "leave windows as is" so all of my old files are still on my hard disk

the organizer can be open but the data are all missing and i do know if i can recover my data

many thanks in advance

Edited by nickko, 03 January 2015 - 02:11 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• BC Advisor
  • 12,619 posts
  •  

Posted 03 January 2015 - 03:24 PM

Maybe...maybe not. Here is just one of several programs that might not find what you want.

Recuva - Recovery from damaged or formatted disks

QUOTE: Recuva scans all parts of a drive, looking for the bits that make up your files. If a drive's index has been damaged, chances are other parts of the drive may have been damaged too. Recuva will show you a list of files it has found on the drive, and give you an estimate of the likelihood of success of recovering them.

Similarly, when you format a drive (especially if you use the Quick Format option), Windows erases the hidden index but does not overwrite the existing files until you start saving new data to it. Recuva can still scan the drive's contents to find your files.

Like most free software these days, Recuva may have adware bundled with it so choose custom install or pay close

attention while installing and UNcheck any offers of toolbars, etc.

Edited by buddy215, 03 January 2015 - 03:25 PM.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss

A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#3 Guest_nickko_*

Guest_nickko_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 05 January 2015 - 01:11 AM

good morning dear buddy215

i thank you so much for your kind help !!!!

iy was really easy to recover many of my files with your recommended software including my important organizer's data

thanks a lot

Edited by nickko, 05 January 2015 - 01:11 AM.

#4 buddy215

buddy215

• BC Advisor
  • 12,619 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:45 PM

Posted 05 January 2015 - 08:26 AM

You're welcome...happy surfin' !

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss

A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users