Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

iPhoto not sharing to my PC any longer?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 starwarsgeek

starwarsgeek

• Members
  • 129 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:38 AM

Posted 03 January 2015 - 12:39 PM

I have a desktop PC running Windows 8 and an iPhone 4S. I recently had to re-install Windows on my desktop, and now I can not get the iPhoto application to send photos to my PC any longer. It used to send every picture I snapped with the iPhone to my PC photos folder but it no longer works. I didn't change anything on the iPhone, and I installed the app on my PC and made sure that my pictures folder isn't set to "read only".... so I'm not sure what's wrong. Any help or ideas would be great. Thanks.

**wasn't sure if this went here or in Windows**

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Felipe2237

Felipe2237

• Members
  • 353 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:38 AM

Posted 04 January 2015 - 12:39 AM

Perhaps you were actually using the iCloud app? Make sure you are signed in both on your device and the new PC.

Kind Regards,

Felipe

Unofficial iOS Genius

#3 starwarsgeek

starwarsgeek
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 129 posts
  •  

Posted 04 January 2015 - 01:17 AM

I'm using both iCloud (for backing up the iPhone) and iPhoto (for sending pics to my PC). Both were working fine until I re-installed Windows on the PC and now the pics don't transfer over to the PC. The iCloud app still backs up my phone every night.

#4 starwarsgeek

starwarsgeek
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 129 posts
  •  

Posted 04 January 2015 - 03:05 PM

OK I think i may have found the problem. The 'pictures' folder on my PC keeps resetting itself for "read only" even after I uncheck the box. How can i fix that to allow iPhoto to write pictures to the folder??

#5 Felipe2237

Felipe2237

• Members
  • 353 posts
  •  

Posted 06 January 2015 - 12:23 AM

Are you allowing iTunes to sync to your phone wirelessly? It is a setting that exists in the iTunes device options. I do not think the fault lies within the pictures folder, but whether or not the file is actually transferred.

Unofficial iOS Genius

#6 Houdini5150

Houdini5150

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  

Posted 06 January 2015 - 12:40 AM

I noticed that on mine too.  Could be when the Cloud becomes full? 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users