Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Regcleaner - Jouni Vuorio

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 mypenry

mypenry

• Members
  • 211 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:31 AM

Posted 21 June 2006 - 10:14 AM

Hi to all,

ive just downloaded RegCleaner , and most of it I can understand ( being a computer Newbie )
but on the Shell Extension Tab , I am not too sure what I have to do next...?

On the shell setension results window , which lists many items < most saying this ... ACDSee 8.0

on the top of the results window it say's ....

shell Extensions of different kinds of file types you can delete all of the file types that you don't need.

here's where I am stuck !!! not too shure what to do next

advice most welcome ...... Mypenry

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 medab1

medab1

• Members
  • 698 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:31 PM

Posted 21 June 2006 - 10:49 AM

Don't remove any unless you really know what you are doing.
It doesn't hurt to leave them as is.

#3 mypenry

mypenry
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 211 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:31 AM

Posted 21 June 2006 - 12:00 PM

Hi medab1,

Thanks for the advice, I will leave them alone...

Thanks .........mypenry

#4 medab1

medab1

• Members
  • 698 posts
  •  

Posted 21 June 2006 - 10:02 PM

See a picture-- (192 KBs) --

http://i6.tinypic.com/156x076.jpg

#5 terminalconnection

terminalconnection

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:31 PM

Posted 20 November 2007 - 05:44 PM

Aloha everyone my name is David A. at terminal connection in Hawaii , I have been using Jouni Vuorio's RegCleaner for a long
time many many years , the only thing thats driving me crazy is ( what is this component in Vista that doesn't recognize the
Install of Jouni Vuorio's RegCleaner I have tried everything to make it work on Vista , to no avail still can't get it to work on Vista
this specific version of RegCleaner is the best I have ever used I wouldn't part with for any reason and after trying to re-register
and sift through all the bloatware of a friends notebook that uses Vista my recommendation for him was to ditch that nightmare
of a operating system called Vista and go back to XP . does anyone know of a way to make this RegCleaner work on Vista or is my
friend switching back to XP . any help of this subject would greatly be appreciated .............Aloha David :thumbsup:

#6 trashcan7

trashcan7

• Members
  • 402 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:31 PM

Posted 06 January 2008 - 03:30 PM

About registry cleaners, I heard that they are overrated and don't help that much. Here's some places that talks about registry cleaners.
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/121827/uniblues-registry-booster-is-it-safe/
http://www.windowsbbs.com/showthread.php?t=61015

#7 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:31 PM

Posted 06 January 2008 - 06:04 PM

Aloha everyone my name is David A. at terminal connection in Hawaii , I have been using Jouni Vuorio's RegCleaner for a long
time many many years , the only thing thats driving me crazy is ( what is this component in Vista that doesn't recognize the
Install of Jouni Vuorio's RegCleaner I have tried everything to make it work on Vista , to no avail still can't get it to work on Vista
this specific version of RegCleaner is the best I have ever used I wouldn't part with for any reason and after trying to re-register
and sift through all the bloatware of a friends notebook that uses Vista my recommendation for him was to ditch that nightmare
of a operating system called Vista and go back to XP . does anyone know of a way to make this RegCleaner work on Vista or is my
friend switching back to XP . any help of this subject would greatly be appreciated .............Aloha David :thumbsup:

The older versions won't work with Vista
Mark
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#8 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 07 January 2008 - 09:31 AM

Registry cleaners are very powerful applications, and should be used only with the greatest care; the average user will get very little benefit from cleaning the registry, and blindly following the recommendations about what should be deleted can make your computer and many of your applications inoperable.
Avoid them like the plague!
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users