Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Exchange 2010 - RPC Server Unavailable

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Guest_slehmann36_*

Guest_slehmann36_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 02 January 2015 - 11:35 PM

I have set up an Exchange 2010 server on Windows Server 2008 R2. When running the Outlook Connectivity Test at https://testconnectivity.microsoft.com, everything appears OK except for the last stage:

Error.png Attempting to ping the MAPI Mail Store endpoint with identity: mail.[domain].com:6001.   The attempt to ping the endpoint failed.   GreenRtArrow.jpg Tell me more about this issue and how to resolve it   Minus.gif Additional Details  
The RPC_S_SERVER_UNAVAILABLE error (0x6ba) was thrown by the RPC Runtime process.
Elapsed Time: 5037 ms.

I have checked the firewall on the server and port 6001 is open. I have tried awarding port 6001 to the server from the router. still no improvement. I am somewhat new to the exchange server scene so the tech net link above didn't make an awful lot of sense. 

what else can cause this sort of error?

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users