Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

New Cryptolocker

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

#1 stratslngr

stratslngr

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:53 AM

Posted 02 January 2015 - 08:01 PM

Greetings All,

I hope some kind folks here can help me:

This past week I was experiencing constant popups from UAC for updateflashplayer.exe to which I always clicked no. I ran TDSSKiller and Roguekiller and found multiple issues. Deleted everything. This morning I got the Cryptolocker popup that my files have been encrypted and demanding ransom. I tried the Decryptolocker website but receive a message saying the file is not infected. Is this a new variant?

The process is wincl.exe *32.

I have the countdown window displayed. I am at 64 hours and counting.

How should I proceed?

Thank You all for any help.

...re-editing to add both screens of ransom note:

screen1_zpsba68e84f.jpg

screen2_zps6ed5c3e0.jpg

Edited by stratslngr, 02 January 2015 - 09:19 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 WavyHD

WavyHD

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:53 AM

Posted 02 January 2015 - 09:09 PM

I have the exact same problem and everything. Mine occurred around 4:30pm today (1/2/2015), any help would be appreciated.

#3 dev00790

dev00790

Bleeping Chocoholic

• Members
  • 5,037 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:53 PM

Posted 05 January 2015 - 01:34 PM

Hi help is on the way from our decryption experts. Hold on and they will be here soon.

Regards, dev00790

---------------------------------------

Marge: "Homer, the plant called. They said if you don't show up tomorrow don't bother showing up on Monday." Homer: "Woo-hoo! Four-day weekend!"I do not reply to Private Messages (PMs) asking for assistance - please use the forums instead. If I have been helping you, and I have not replied to your latest post in 48 hours please send me a PM. My Blog

#4 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,907 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:53 AM

Posted 05 January 2015 - 04:56 PM

Information can be found in this topic: New PClock CryptoLocker Ransomware discovered (fake CryptoLocker)

There is also an ongoing discussion in this topic: Cryptolocker copycat/ faker. Need advice. (PClock).

Rather than have everyone start individual topics, it would be best (and more manageable for staff) if you posted any questions, comments or requests for assistance in that topic discussion.

Thanks
The BC Staff
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#5 seekhelp

seekhelp

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:53 AM

Posted 13 January 2015 - 11:48 PM

Hi

Have also got lots of files encrypted, especially my photos. It all has happened on the 13th at around 8 pm Sydney /Australia time.  Need help .

#6 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,907 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:53 AM

Posted 14 January 2015 - 06:18 AM

Information can be found in this topic: New PClock CryptoLocker Ransomware discovered (fake CryptoLocker)

There is also an ongoing discussion in this topic: Cryptolocker copycat/ faker. Need advice. (PClock).

Rather than have everyone start individual topics, it would be best (and more manageable for staff) if you posted any questions, comments or requests for assistance in that topic discussion.

Thanks
The BC Staff

Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users