Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My computer is slow; high disk/cpu usage

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#16 CompUserNoob101

CompUserNoob101
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:39 PM

Posted 03 January 2015 - 06:40 PM

Okay. I turned on windows update. Found two important updates(Before my previous reply and before this reply) for windows defender. Where can I download Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool for Windows 8.1? Or Do I already have it?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#17 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:39 PM

Posted 03 January 2015 - 08:36 PM

These are among the Important Windows Updates that you must Agree to Install. Click Install, often bottom Right side ........

Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool is offered EVERY month, so it is a normal part of updates. It scans once only and that is all. It is updated Every Month.

I just installed this months version -

#18 CompUserNoob101

CompUserNoob101
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 03 January 2015 - 08:52 PM

I just installed all those updates. Oh only once a month? I see. Do I still need to keep the anti-malware softwares?

#19 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  

Posted 03 January 2015 - 10:01 PM

Do I still need to keep the anti-malware softwares?

The Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool is installed for a single scan every month, as this has been a long standing policy of Microsoft (to protect you).

Windows Defender, only, is the Default Antivirus, preinstalled for Windows 8 / 8.1 versions.

If you install a 3rd party Antivirus, AVG / Kaspersky / Norton / McAfee ETC, it will "stand aside" or can be disabled if you wish to have no Antivirus protection (not a good idea).

Have you or another person set AMD APP SDK Runtime (Version: 10.0.938.2 - Advanced Micro Devices Inc.) Hidden through to  Windows Live Writer Resources (x32 Version: 15.4.3502.0922 - Microsoft Corporation) Hidden << to being Hidden services for any reason ?? This often means a hidden infection if you have not set this.

The Eset scan takes less than 2 minutes to download and run. After posting the log per instructions.

Please download Powelikscleaner (by ESET) and save it to your Desktop.

• Double-click ESETPoweliksCleaner.exe to start the tool.
  • Read the terms of the End-user license agreement and click Agree if you agree to them.
  • The tool will run automatically. If the cleaner finds a Poweliks infection, press the Y key on your keyboard to remove it.
  • If Poweliks was detected "Win32/Poweliks was successfully removed from your system" will be displayed. Press any key to exit the tool and reboot your PC.
  • The tool will produce a log in the same directory the tool was run from.
  • Please copy and paste the log in your next reply.

1.png
2.png

If you get a negative reply, there is no reason to complete the scan

Thank You -

#20 CompUserNoob101

CompUserNoob101
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 03 January 2015 - 11:01 PM

Have you or another person set AMD APP SDK Runtime (Version: 10.0.938.2 - Advanced Micro Devices Inc.) Hidden through to  Windows Live Writer Resources (x32 Version: 15.4.3502.0922 - Microsoft Corporation) Hidden << to being Hidden services for any reason ?? This often means a hidden infection if you have not set this.

No. May I ask what is that? If it is hidden. What can I do to fix it? Or check if its infected?

Before I go to bed tonight, I'm going to try to scan with windows defender and see if it will do full scan completely.

Ran the tool you gave me. No threats were found.

#21 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  

Posted 04 January 2015 - 01:30 AM

Sorry but I was called out for several hours and just returned.

It was just an idea I had, but it leads nowhere when I follow it through .............

We need to run other tools like FRST etc, but thet can only be run by the Experts in Malware Removal area.

Please do this tonight or first thing in the morning, as the sooner you post, the sooner you generally get attention - I am unable to find the depth of your problem, and no other helper has stepped in with ideas, so I will treat it as an infection that I can not repair / find ........

Unless another helper has any fruitful ideas, please follow the below post -

Please follow the instructions in the Malware Removal and Log Section Preparation Guide starting at Step 6.

• If you cannot complete a step, then skip it and continue with the next.
  • In Step 6 there are instructions for downloading and running DDS which will create two logs. Note: Windows 8.1 Users will not be able run DDS and create a log

When you have done that, Copy and Paste your logs in the Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs forum, NOT here, for assistance by the Malware Response Team.

Start a new topic, give it a relevant title and post your log(s) along with a brief description of your problem, a summary of any anti-malware tools you have used and a summary of any steps that you have performed on your own.

NOTE : If you cannot produce any of the required logs or you're using Windows 8.1, then still start the new topic and explain that you followed the Prep. Guide, were unable to create the logs, and describe what happened when you tried to create them. A member of the Malware Removal Team will walk you through, step by step, on how to clean your computer.

After doing this, please reply back in this thread with a link to the new topic so we can close this one, to prevent others answering incorrectly.

Thank You (sorry) -

#22 CompUserNoob101

CompUserNoob101
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 04 January 2015 - 01:51 AM

Alright. I will do that first thing in the morning. Thank you so much for your time and help. I really appreciate it. I will post here as soon as I make a topic on the other forum. 

#23 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  

Posted 04 January 2015 - 01:58 AM

Look here in the morning, as there may be an idea from another person.

If not , please continue as above -

Good Night -

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users