Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Building/Buying a new computer for GAMING. Need help.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 CanadianSyrupMaker

CanadianSyrupMaker

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:51 PM

Posted 02 January 2015 - 10:00 AM

I specifically signed up on this website to hopefully get some information and help on a new computer I want to build, or buy, depending on the price. But unfortunately if you live in Canada, and being in Ontario, it costs a lot more for me just to ship the stupid thing. I will also admit I'm very stubborn and not very educated on what goes inside of a PC, or what I'll need to ensure my new PC will be dependable.

Here are some of the games I will be playing:

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

CrossFire
Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare/BlackOPS2
Total War Games (Empire, etc.)

Then probably newer games as they come out. I want a machine that will run CS:GO PERFECTLY, without any FPS Lag. Someone in the CS:GO Community last year put together a system that would of costed me $600 for CS:GO, so I do know my price range a little bit. (USA vs Canada prices)

Any help would be appreciated. Budget isn't a matter, but let's say I really don't want to go over $1300 because I can easily buy an i7 with what I need for $1500, which is the price I'm trying to avoid.

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 YeahBleeping

YeahBleeping

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:51 PM

Posted 06 January 2015 - 06:55 PM

Well thanks for your budget.  Thats a good start.  Will you be needing an OS?  Re-Using anything from a different computer? I recently bought a barebones system for my parents from here and bought the memory hard drive seperate and installed the OS myself.  I was happy with the system.

#3 DeimosChaos

DeimosChaos

• BC Advisor
  • 1,420 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:51 PM

Posted 21 January 2015 - 09:37 PM

You have pretty fantastic budget there for building a system.

Honestly, you can run cs:go with a low budget build. It's not the most intensive game to run. Any newer games is what you would have to worry about. But if you get a GPU in the $300 (US) price range you should be able to run everything out there.

Now couple things to first figure out. As Yeahbleeping asked, are there any components you are bringing over from an old computer, hard drive optical drive, power supply, etc?

The next thing to ask yourself is if you want to build an Intel powered machine or an AMD powered one. Seems you might want Intel from your post. I would check out AMD as well, don't let them sleep on you. They have some kick ass processors for a cheaper price thanot intel. They are slightly more outdated architecture wise (a lot of AMD ones are still 32nm compared to intel 22nm). Not really a big deal though. I recommend looking at both chip sets and see what you like the best.

Edited by DeimosChaos, 21 January 2015 - 09:38 PM.

OS - Ubuntu 14.04/16.04 & Windows 10
Custom Desktop PC / Lenovo Y580 / Sager NP8258 / Dell XPS 13 (9350)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users