Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

System Restore Help... Quick Question

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 joeyd

joeyd

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:30 AM

Posted 21 June 2006 - 07:50 AM

Hey,
I'm new to this forum because my father asked that I "Fix" the computer. I feel there is nothing wrong, and he claims that we always used to be able to restore past one month on our computer. After doing one search i found that it is based on % of memory allowed to remember restore points. Could it have changed our restore point limit with the addition of more programs on our computers. (Half life 2, Battle Field Vietnam,ect.)
Thanks,
Joe

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,593 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:30 AM

Posted 21 June 2006 - 08:34 AM

Yes..the space system restore uses depends on the percentage of the total hard drive space you allocate. So for example if you have a 100 gig hard drive and allocate 12%, then there will be 12 gb of space used for system restore.

If you fill up the drive, though, so that there is less than 12 gb available, then system restore will obviously not be able to use as much space.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users