Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Slow page loading IE11 and Chrome

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ArcticPrince

ArcticPrince

• Members
  • 52 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:09 PM

Posted 02 January 2015 - 05:49 AM

I have an ASUS G75 running win8.  I have lots of RAM and a good internet connection (I get about 38Mbps down and 5 up).  My problem is page loading.  It can get painfully slow, specially if the page is ad heavy, but even pages that are short on ads can take 20-30 seconds to load.  I suspect I am having a problem with either Java or Flash, but don't know how to check further.

Any suggestions?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Darktune

Darktune

Very Purple

• Members
  • 1,139 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:09 PM

Posted 02 January 2015 - 07:16 AM

Hey ArcticPrince,

Are you getting this issue on another browser such a Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox?

It's very hard to imagine all the crazy things that things really are like. 

Electrons act like waves.. no they don't exactly, they act like particles.. no they don't exactly.

Words and ideas can change the world.

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,116 posts
  •  

Posted 02 January 2015 - 08:25 AM

First thing I would do...is empty all browser caches.

http://www.wikihow.com/Clear-Your-Browser's-Cache

Louis

#4 ArcticPrince

ArcticPrince
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 52 posts
  •  

Posted 03 January 2015 - 07:24 AM

I have a similar problem with Chrome.  Meant to mention that in the original post.  I have cleared my caches (several times) but still have a problem pulling and loading pages.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users