Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problems with High Def Audio Controller

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Kaityf

Kaityf

• Members
  • 140 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:34 PM

Posted 02 January 2015 - 02:58 AM

I am trying to fix my son's laptop, which has no sound. It is a Toshiba laptop running Windows 7.

First, I should explain that there are some other problems. The laptop sometimes freezes on a start or restart. We have to just shut it down and then on restart, we get a message that the system had been unable to start and gives us the option of starting normally or performing a startup repair. We opt for the latter.

I ran Malwarebytes and found some crap on the computer (i.e. Bandoo toobars and other junk). I quarantined the thousand + of those things, but it still has that restart problem. It's not every time, but often enough.

As for the sound, I uninstalled the sound output device numerous times. I may be reinstalling the wrong one since I'm not positive what the laptop has on it. I believe it's real tech high definition audio controller.

In any case, when I install it, it doesn't actually install. I find that "no output audio device is installed."  In an online search, I found this to be a common problem with Toshiba laptops. I also found that the USB ports don't work, which I discovered seems to be part of this problem.

Anyone know where I can start now with this?

Edit: My post was moved to this forum, although I don't believe the problem is due to a virus. As I said, I did a search online and found that this problem seems to be a common one with Toshibas and is also related to USB problems. The USB port on the laptop is also not being recognized. I added the information about the virus scan in case someone thought the problem was due to a virus - to let them know I already scanned for viruses as part of my problem solving attempts.

Now I have no responses at all to my post. I don't know what else to say about the problem or which forum is best for my question.

Edited by Kaityf, 02 January 2015 - 02:06 PM.
Moved from Win 7 to Am I Infected - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users