Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Random Crashing

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 thantos31

thantos31

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:44 PM

Posted 21 June 2006 - 05:37 AM

ok probably the wrong forum but i just cant figure this one out, to make a long story short, i now have a new power supply, and windows freshly reinstalled, the "geek squad has run checks on all my hardware, and says everything is ok, but as before, but not as frequently yet, when the computer is running( now it seems to only happen while yahoo msngr is on with web cam) the computer stops, and i mean stops as if someone pulled the plug, and restarts on its own, i disabled the auto restart, and last time i got about 8 different reasons, ranging from video drivers to usb problems. i'm at a loss. can someone help me? thank .you

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Albert Frankenstein

Albert Frankenstein

• Members
  • 2,707 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:44 PM

Posted 21 June 2006 - 07:03 AM

Disabling autorestart is probably the right thing to do. Now you should see a blue screen when the computer wants to reboot.

In order to diagnose the problem with the computer we need as much info as you can give about the blue screen, or what Microsoft calls a stop message. Please write it down and post it back here the next time it happens. In particular, it helps to have the somewhat cryptic series of numbers about half way down the blue screen that have this sort of format:

0x0000008E (Followed by four other sets of numbers in parenthesis.)

It is ok if it is a different set of numbers each time, as this will tell us something too.
ALBERT FRANKENSTEIN
I'M SO SMART IT'S SCARY!

Currently home chillin' with the fam and my two dogs!

#3 thantos31

thantos31
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 21 June 2006 - 07:56 PM

ok thank you for you reply, the next time it crashes i will post the stop message. as i mentioned this happened before i had windows reinstalled (wow what a speed difference, i think i'd reinstall on a more frequent basis, too bad i'm missing the disk, by the way would system restore do the same for performance?) anyway sorry to get off topic, these are a few of the codes i was getting, and as i said i will post the new codes when it happens again.

old codes(forgive me i just jotted them down i hope they are helpful) :

xxx stop : 0x000000d1
coxb9642444, 0x000000ff, 0x0000001, 0x820042b1

also
0x0a17ab96

0x0000007f
page fault in a no page area
video PRT.sys

and irq less or not equal to zero
i'm not sure if they are grouped that way or just cant figure out my own handwriting.

thank you

#4 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  

Posted 21 June 2006 - 11:15 PM

Go to your device manager and look to see if any of the listing of devices or their trees show a yellow or red warning icon.

Delete any of those that do, reboot and let Windows find and reinstall them.

#5 thantos31

thantos31
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 22 June 2006 - 06:44 AM

thank you for the tip, but there are no driver or device conflicts, well at least that's what windows says.

#6 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  

Posted 22 June 2006 - 08:26 AM

How big is your power supply?

#7 thantos31

thantos31
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 22 June 2006 - 11:32 AM

it was 300w now it has been upgrade to 400w, it was running just fine for 2 years on the 300, but i did replace it as precaution, it hasnt helped.

#8 thantos31

thantos31
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 25 June 2006 - 09:08 PM

ok now i'm pretty sure its the cam, as soon as i pluged it in and opened yahoo web cam, it crashed, here is the code.

diver or irq not less or equal

stop - 0x000000D1 (0xfb145000, 0x00000002 , 0x00000000, 0xf6b4b1b4)
v0080dev.sys address - f6b4b1b4 base at f6b3e000 date stamp 427b1894.

can anyone confirm any of these codes, or give me any sugestions?

thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users