Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Port Forwarding Not Working.

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 K12RiV

K12RiV

• Members
  • 67 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:00 PM

Posted 01 January 2015 - 06:38 PM

I am trying to port forward so i can use my P2P program to seed but i cannot connect because my ports are not open. My router is port forwarded properly as far as i can tell... it seems no matter what port i use it is closed, port 80 included.

This is the error i get...Error: I could not see your service on **.*.***.**** on port (80)

Reason: Connection refused

windows firewall is setup correctly aswell. 

i am only connected to a single router its specs are: Zoom Docsis 3.0 Cable modem/Router With wireless N, Model 5350 (http://www.zoomtel.com/products/5350.html)

Please lend me guidance

my Operating system is Win7 Professional SP1 x64.

any other info please ask.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 technonymous

technonymous

• Members
  • 2,502 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:00 PM

Posted 01 January 2015 - 10:27 PM

Generally you dont want to open port 80 unless you're running a secured web server. As far as p2p goes what p2p program are you using? They all have different settings and default ports. Some you have to do nothing on your part, it automatically sets firewall rules and opens random tcp/udp ports as needed when the user initiates a download/upload. The router doesn't need to be configured for port forwarding or UPNP. However, Some programs may not work without UPNP enabled or a specific port forwarded.

#3 K12RiV

K12RiV
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 67 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:00 PM

Posted 01 January 2015 - 10:32 PM

Generally you dont want to open port 80 unless you're running a secured web server. As far as p2p goes what p2p program are you using? They all have different settings and default ports. Some you have to do nothing on your part, it automatically sets firewall rules and opens random tcp/udp ports as needed when the user initiates a download/upload. The router doesn't need to be configured for port forwarding or UPNP. However, Some programs may not work without UPNP enabled or a specific port forwarded.

i am ussing tixati,,, DHT seems to have a problem using the ports and connecting

#4 technonymous

technonymous

• Members
  • 2,502 posts
  •  

Posted 01 January 2015 - 11:25 PM

Are you going through a VPN proxy service?

#5 technonymous

technonymous

• Members
  • 2,502 posts
  •  

Posted 01 January 2015 - 11:43 PM

Info from their website: http://support.tixati.com/settings%20-%20network%20-%20incoming%20ports In the router you have to setup port forwarding manually for both TCP and UDP to your machines local IP according to what ports you set in the program (picture). It shows there that TCP port is for the connection and UDP is for the packets. However, you could turn on UPNP in the router and the program will open whatever ports it needs to run properly. Also check your windows firewall or whatever virus suite firewall you're using. It has to be added in there.

Edited by technonymous, 01 January 2015 - 11:54 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users