Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

windows 7 cant go to google and open sites

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 want to learn

want to learn

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:40 PM

Posted 01 January 2015 - 06:38 PM

whenever i try to open a website I get an error message saying

www.flybuys.com.au uses an invalid security certificate. The certificate is not trusted because the issuer certificate has expired. (Error code: sec_error_expired_issuer_certificate)

quite a few sites are saying similar, has the computer been hacked as we cant get on to do internet banking either it wont let him. google is another one we cant get to open. Have run a scan with AVG and malwarebytes, scared weve been hacked!

Please help

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 5,959 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:40 AM

Posted 01 January 2015 - 07:10 PM

It is possible that your computer is suffering from malware, it is at least as likely that your CMOS battery needs replacing.

All certificates have an expiry date and your CMOS battery is responsible - among other things - for maintaining the date and time on your system. Check the date and time shown by your computer's clock and see if it is reasonably correct. A few minutes is neither here nor there, but if it is wildly out change the CMOS battery as a first step. This is usually a CR 2032 type, although other are used. Your manual will tell you what it is, and, if your computer is a laptop, if you search on youTube for the make and model of your computer you will almost certainly find videos on how to change it.

Check the date and time first. If they are correct, clcik on the report button at the end of your post an ask for the topic to be moved to 'Am I infected'.

Chris Cosgrove

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 54,840 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:40 AM

Posted 02 January 2015 - 10:24 AM

FWIW:  http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=777375

Louis

#4 want to learn

want to learn
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  

Posted 02 January 2015 - 03:59 PM

Thankyou chris I shalll change the cmos battery as when I looked the other day it was 2030, I have changed it back and it has stayed the correct time and year but will change it anyway.

#5 want to learn

want to learn
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  

Posted 03 January 2015 - 11:31 PM

Ok, I have changed the cmos battery in the computer, how do I now get the certificates for the sites I need to go onto?

#6 want to learn

want to learn
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  

Posted 07 January 2015 - 07:17 AM

thank you hamluis, I have read the link you posted for me and we are still having trouble with the internet, we cant remember the password to connect to the intrnet?? any ideas

#7 want to learn

want to learn
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  

Posted 09 January 2015 - 07:10 PM

Please help why cant I go to https websites, I have checked date and time on Comp and in bios, what next?? very frustrating

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users