Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I Can't Get Rid of "COM Surrogate"

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8 replies to this topic

#1 AlgernonTehMouse

AlgernonTehMouse

• Members
  • 85 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:19 PM

Posted 01 January 2015 - 05:25 PM

http://screencast.com/t/DAqQuYeCL4 (Screen Shot of My Issue)

My computer keeps shutting down and restarting randomly, the cpu temperature fluctuates as well, I ran Rkill and  it did not see any problems at all, then I ran malwarebytes and it still sees nothing wrong so I'm really confused as to what is causing my computer to have high memory and disk usage.

Please help.

Edited by Orange Blossom, 01 January 2015 - 05:46 PM.
Moved to AII from Windows 8. ~ OB

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• BC Advisor
  • 12,617 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:19 PM

Posted 01 January 2015 - 05:45 PM

Please download Powelikscleaner (by ESET) and save it to your Desktop.

• Double-click the 3.png to start the tool.
  • Read the terms of the End-user license agreement and click Agree if you agree to them.
  • The tool will run automatically. If the cleaner finds a Poweliks infection, press the Y key on your keyboard to remove it.
  • If Poweliks was detected "Win32/Poweliks was successfully removed from your system" will be displayed. Press any key to exit the tool and reboot your PC.
  • Please let me know if poweliks is found and removed as shown in last image.

1.png
2.png

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss

A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#3 AlgernonTehMouse

AlgernonTehMouse
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 85 posts
  •  

Posted 01 January 2015 - 06:21 PM

http://screencast.com/t/HuTTq4Lg5HsR (ESET Poweliks Cleaner Results) 

Says That There Is No Threat Found, So I am Assuming that there is no "COM Surrogate" on my computer anymore? 

Nut IN Task Manager I can See it Right there Plain and simple

so how do I get rid of it?

Edited by AlgernonTehMouse, 01 January 2015 - 06:26 PM.

#4 buddy215

buddy215

• BC Advisor
  • 12,617 posts
  •  

Posted 01 January 2015 - 07:19 PM

You need to post a new topic after creating a DDS log in the Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs Forum - BleepingComputer.com

Follow the Instruction #6 for creating the DDS log in the Preparation Guide For Use Before Using Malware Removal Tools and Requesting Help - Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs

Once you have posted the new topic DO NOT bump the topic. Wait for a response. It could be a few days.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss

A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#5 AlgernonTehMouse

AlgernonTehMouse
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 85 posts
  •  

Posted 01 January 2015 - 09:35 PM

You need to post a new topic after creating a DDS log in the Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs Forum - BleepingComputer.com

Follow the Instruction #6 for creating the DDS log in the Preparation Guide For Use Before Using Malware Removal Tools and Requesting Help - Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs

Once you have posted the new topic DO NOT bump the topic. Wait for a response. It could be a few days.

OK I followed step 6 and Downloaded DDs when I ran It this is what happened http://screencast.com/t/PCEzU2xEO5x

So how do I run this program ? Since it wont start

#6 buddy215

buddy215

• BC Advisor
  • 12,617 posts
  •  

Posted 01 January 2015 - 09:59 PM

Go ahead and post the new topic and explain why you did not post a DDS log. Be sure to include similar to your

opening post in this forum.

#7 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 50,606 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:19 PM

Posted 01 January 2015 - 10:13 PM

After doing this, please reply back in this thread with a link to the new topic so we can close this one.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#8 AlgernonTehMouse

AlgernonTehMouse
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 85 posts
  •  

Posted 01 January 2015 - 11:06 PM

Ok I posted it in the section you provided and here is a link to the post : http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/561789/i-cant-get-rid-of-com-surrogate/ 

:axe: this computer restarting is so frustrating though

#9 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 50,606 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:19 PM

Posted 01 January 2015 - 11:12 PM

Now that your new topic is posted, you should NOT make further changes to your computer (install/uninstall programs, use special fix tools, delete files, edit the registry, etc) unless advised by a Malware Response Team member...nor should you continue to ask for help elsewhere. Doing so can result in system changes which may not show in the information or any log(s) you already posted. Further, any modifications you make on your own may cause confusion for the member assisting you and could complicate the malware removal process or make things worst which would extend the time it takes to clean your computer.

From this point on the Malware Response Team should be the only members that you take advice from, until they have verified your log as clean.

Please be patient. It may take several days to get a response because the Malware Response Team members are very busy working logs posted before yours. They are volunteers who will help you out as soon as possible. Once you have posted your log and are waiting, please DO NOT "bump" your post or make another reply until it has been responded to by a member of the Malware Response Team. Generally the staff checks the forum for postings that have 0 replies as this makes it easier for them to identify those who have not been helped. If you post another response there will be 1 reply. A team member, looking for a new log to work may assume another Malware Response Team member is already assisting you and not open the thread to respond.

If HelpBot replies to your topic, please follow Step One and CLICK the link so it will report your topic to the team members.

To avoid confusion, I am closing this topic.

Good luck.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users