Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

"navigation to webpage canceled"

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 junkyarddawg

junkyarddawg

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:59 AM

Posted 01 January 2015 - 03:14 PM

Hi,
When selecting the MSN icon/logo to start the MSN…It loads the tool bars, and everything is usable however I started receiving a message "navigation to webpage cancelled"…however I am able to navigate from the MSN webpage to websites that are bookmarked! But some pages are distorted or show "distorted lettering mixed with numbers" some pages are just distorted or incomplete!
Using just IE11 , MSN home page loads ….then I login to MSN and retrieve mail or whatever….. same with using FIREFOX then I simply logging into MSN. 
​It appears this happens when using the MSN website software only….and I've re-downloaded the software several times!
MSN forums suggest "MALWARE" I tend to agree however when trying to use popular malware removal software, it seams to block the download!
Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated!! and if more information needed I will supply whatever!

Using 
Windows 7 Premium - 64bit -IE 11  (all Windows security software downloads up to date)

Edit: Topic moved from Windows 7 to the more appropriate forum, as suggested.~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dicke

dicke

Paraclete

• Members
  • 2,189 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:59 PM

Posted 01 January 2015 - 09:03 PM

When your system won't allow you to download scanners it's a very good indication that you have an active infection.

I'm going to ask a moderator to move this thread into the proper forum so you can get the help you need - from trained experts.

Dick

Stay well and surf safe [stay protected]

Dick E

#3 junkyarddawg

junkyarddawg
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  

Posted 04 January 2015 - 06:09 PM

Dicke,

Thank you for taking a look at this! I thought it was just me but I have been checking around in other troubleshooting forums and discovered 

a small epidemic…..and some Software Techs are saying that its only the tip of the problem!

Was told this recent version of whatever it is was released the week before Christmas….and that sounds about right because I finished a total rebuild and the guy wanted

WINDOWS 7 Home Premium 64bit W/IE 11

If I can supply any additional help……I'm In!!!

#4 junkyarddawg

junkyarddawg
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  

Posted 14 January 2015 - 06:59 PM

Anybody know what forum my topic was moved to!?

#5 jburd1800

jburd1800

• Members
  • 565 posts
  •  

Posted 14 January 2015 - 08:08 PM

It was moved to "am I infected" forum

“May the sun bring you new energy by day, may the moon softly restore you by night, may the rain wash away your worries, may the breeze blow new strength into your being, may you walk gently thorugh the world and know it's beauty all the days of your life.”

#6 junkyarddawg

junkyarddawg
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  

Posted 14 January 2015 - 10:12 PM

Thanks…….Now I'd like to move the P.I. T. A. computer problem to a giant shredder! …..lol  :smash:

#7 dicke

dicke

Paraclete

• Members
  • 2,189 posts
  •  

Posted 15 January 2015 - 09:01 PM

Given you current location, I believe that they have just such a device available in this forum. Check the rules / instructions for this forum and get the help you need.

Stay well and surf safe [stay protected]

Dick E

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users